Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I have a question :-)

would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie
victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket class.
The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre the angle cut
yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie
victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket class.
The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre the angle cut
yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

If it was original or with a believable patina and assuming we are talking
both sides of the door then possibly. I'm about to put in original internal
doors at 65 quid a pop, so it's about in line with that.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie
victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket class.
The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre the angle cut
yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

It would have to be very fancy, or very high quality timber to be worth
£1/foot.

I pay less than that for custom cut moulding at my local woodyard. having
said that last time I was there was 2 years ago and I bought 120 feet !!!

So I guess if its a one off then maybe. If you have many doors then a local
timber merchant with a moulding machine maybe cheaper.

hth

DeeBee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"VisionSet" wrote in message

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie
victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket

class.
The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre the angle

cut
yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

If it was original or with a believable patina and assuming we are talking
both sides of the door then possibly. I'm about to put in original

internal
doors at 65 quid a pop, so it's about in line with that.

However since you are knocking them up with your fancy new bits and I can do
the same for the same price plus I get the bit, then errrr...... no.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DeeBee wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie
victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket
class. The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre
the angle cut yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

It would have to be very fancy, or very high quality timber to be
worth £1/foot.

Oh its fancy ok, more to the point *unique*

I pay less than that for custom cut moulding at my local woodyard.
having said that last time I was there was 2 years ago and I bought
120 feet !!!

You are joking? for a lumber yard to set up their equipment for a one off
they'll charge you at least 2.50 per foot, I know I've looked into it.
Paid a visit to three yards local to me.

So I guess if its a one off then maybe. If you have many doors then a
local timber merchant with a moulding machine maybe cheaper.

No chance.

hth

DeeBee

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

VisionSet wrote:
"VisionSet" wrote in message

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie
victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket
class. The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre
the angle cut yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

If it was original or with a believable patina and assuming we are
talking both sides of the door then possibly. I'm about to put in
original internal doors at 65 quid a pop, so it's about in line with
that.

However since you are knocking them up with your fancy new bits and I
can do the same for the same price plus I get the bit, then
errrr...... no.

One has to pay for these items somehow.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

So thats 17GBP per door.

There's plenty that would, but of course, the likes of B&Q will mark it
up to £64.99

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

So thats 17GBP per door.

There's plenty that would, but of course, the likes of B&Q will mark
it up to £64.99

£28, in a local shed...not B&Q though.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DeeBee wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie
victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket
class. The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre
the angle cut yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

It would have to be very fancy, or very high quality timber to be
worth £1/foot.

Arc goes around both sides, making it 50p per foot

I pay less than that for custom cut moulding at my local woodyard.
having said that last time I was there was 2 years ago and I bought
120 feet !!!

Try it now, take your credit card though as it must have trebled in price in
the past few years, blame house doctor, sarah beeny and that fat bloke who
did the gardening thing with charlie dimmock, everyone and his uncle now
wants 'fancy' skirtings, arcs and mouldings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
[...]

Thanks Phillip,its just gone up in price. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

So thats 17GBP per door.

There's plenty that would, but of course, the likes of B&Q will mark
it up to £64.99

Whole intention to supply it to these outlets. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good mac davis Woodworking 0 April 21st 05 06:38 PM
To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 06:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 06:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 02:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 06:22 PM