Posted to uk.d-i-y
mo mo is offline

Default Loose tap

Hi
Our kitchen tap (hot water) has all of a sudden gone loose - i.e you have to
turn it about 4 times before it starts letting any water out! Also it now
leaks drips when its totally off. We normally have fairly high water
pressure as well.

They are single taps (i.e 1 hot 1 cold and the top part under the handle can
be unscrewed)

Any ideas??

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mo" wrote in message
news
Hi
Our kitchen tap (hot water) has all of a sudden gone loose - i.e you have
turn it about 4 times before it starts letting any water out! Also it now
leaks drips when its totally off. We normally have fairly high water
pressure as well.

They are single taps (i.e 1 hot 1 cold and the top part under the handle
can
be unscrewed)

Any ideas??

Sounds like the washer has 'dropped off' it's spigot to me. Take it apart
and refit it (or a new washer).

HTH

John

P.S. Obviously TURN OFF the water supply to the tap first.