Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Concrete posts & gravel boards

Hi

Do concrete posts & gravel boards contain rebar or something similar?

If they do, wot kinda disc is best to cut them with (9" ankle grinder, as my
mates wife calls them)?

I guess rebar would damage a diamond disc?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hi

Do concrete posts & gravel boards contain rebar or something similar?

They have very thin (about 4mm) steel bars through them, yes....only usually
two per post and the same in each panel.

If they do, wot kinda disc is best to cut them with (9" ankle
grinder, as my mates wife calls them)?

I guess rebar would damage a diamond disc?

It's not affected my cheap grotty 9 inch DD which set me back a fiver

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:11:49 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi

Do concrete posts & gravel boards contain rebar or something similar?

If they do, wot kinda disc is best to cut them with (9" ankle grinder, as my
mates wife calls them)?

I guess rebar would damage a diamond disc?

As stated two thin bars normally, about as thick as a pen perhaps.

I just kept on cutting with the diamond disc. lol.

Mark S.