Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ravenheat boiler - ignition failure

Hi,

Got a Ravenheat Condensing Fanned Flue Boiler : CSI Primary. Manufactured
in 2002 from reading the info on the boiler.

Mine has gone on the blink and from what I can see it's the Honeywell RH7605
PCB that's ultimately the problem. See the pic on top right of here

http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/ravenheat.htm

When the water is switched on, I can hear the fan but there's nothing (no
sound) from the
ignition unit. Normally you hear the 'click-click-click' of the unit, then
ignition.

However, the PCB blowing may be a symptom of the following. I have opened
it up and
there is evidence of water leaks on the inner skin of the boiler unit.
There was some small
bits of standing water in places too - I've dried those and left it a couple
of days. The water
hasn't reappeared.

Could this have come down the the flue ? The leaks appear to orignate
from the top
casing of the boiler which makes me think it may be the flue. All screws
and joints
appear dry and secure. Plus, there was a small leaf (!) in there too.

q1) First, is it usual to get water coming in via a flue and if so, are
there any tips on how to eradicate
the problem. Externally, the flue is about 3 foot off the ground. It
appears to be a standard
Ravenheat top flue.

The water hasn't entered the honeywell PCB - that's enclosed. However,
there is an obvious
PCB component than had burnt out. I'm hoping that replacing the PCB may
be the only thing
I really need to buy.

q2) Secondly, can anyone give any personal recommendations for a
company/engineer in the
Tameside / Manchester area who could do a good job fixing it ?

q3) Finally, can I personally buy spares anywhere - I'm not in the business
so don't know best
places to look.

If you can give me any assistance, it'd be appreciated greatly.
Mike.

problem with ravenheat boiler Keith D UK diy 2 February 21st 06 10:20 AM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM