Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Liquitabs ? (Dissolvable detergent containers)

Anyone know how Liquitabs work? Seem magic to me, or the results of some
very clever chemistry....

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message ...
Anyone know how Liquitabs work? Seem magic to me, or the results

of some
very clever chemistry....

Aren't they just thin bio-degradable 'plastic'?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message ...
Anyone know how Liquitabs work? Seem magic to me, or the results of some
very clever chemistry....

I imagine they are made from gelatin like a cod liver oil capsual for
instance.

Do you call your oven a magic box?

--

Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"VisionSet" wrote in message

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message ...
Anyone know how Liquitabs work? Seem magic to me, or the results of some
very clever chemistry....

I imagine they are made from gelatin like a cod liver oil capsual for
instance.

What I'm getting at is that they clearly contain a (concentrated) liquid
detergent, and survive transport etc. and heat (28degC during much of July),
and then dissolve during even a very low temperature wash. Why don't they
dissolve from the inside outwards?
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message ...
"VisionSet" wrote in message

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message ...
Anyone know how Liquitabs work? Seem magic to me, or the results of

some
very clever chemistry....

I imagine they are made from gelatin like a cod liver oil capsual for
instance.

What I'm getting at is that they clearly contain a (concentrated) liquid
detergent, and survive transport etc. and heat (28degC during much of

July),
and then dissolve during even a very low temperature wash. Why don't they
dissolve from the inside outwards?

Because not all things dissolve in all things I guess is the simple answer.
pH for instance usually has a big effect on solubility.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
:

What I'm getting at is that they clearly contain a (concentrated)
liquid detergent, and survive transport etc. and heat (28degC during
much of July), and then dissolve during even a very low temperature
wash. Why don't they dissolve from the inside outwards?

According to the box they don't survive a misplaced drop of water, so watch
it, buster!

mike

Large water containers Sparks UK diy 15 April 19th 06 11:12 PM
Use powder HE detergent in front loader washer? [email protected] Home Repair 3 March 6th 06 10:17 PM
Square Plastic Plant Containers NoStop Woodworking 8 June 23rd 05 06:56 AM
SMEG dishwasher detergent door shut Edwin Bradford Home Repair 0 January 3rd 05 03:19 PM
Tempered Glass Containers? Jimbo Metalworking 1 January 8th 04 01:37 PM