Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

Guy King typed

The message
from Stuart Noble contains these words:

I think we're probably all pussies until we have children. You spend the
first 4 years doing little else but cleaning up ****

Four years? Gawd, our youngest worked out what to do at 2y2m and never
got it wrong after that.

Yebbut some find their nappies are too comforting/comfortable. By the
time they're four, they're like old codgers & rather set in their ways.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-21 10:10:51 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:

I think we're probably all pussies until we have children. You spend
the first 4 years doing little else but cleaning up ****

You think that finishes at 4? More like 34.

Semper in excretum, sed alto variat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article . com,
wrote:
I just don't like poo. I am sure I am not alone.

I will go sky diving, but I will not touch poo. No thanks.

Never think of getting a dog, then.

.... or a baby.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

Get your hands on a wooden handle mop with a large head and a mop bucket.
Note, do not use the tiny domestic mop heads.
When the water level is low, use the mop as a plunger a few times.
Flush and try again if the toilet does not empty.
Repeat ad infinitum.
I have used this method at the local primary school with 100 percent
success.

Good luck

Dave

I DID THIS!! IT WORKED A TREAT

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I went to Woolworths, paid £6 or a vileda mop.

Shoved it down the hole, hit the flush button

Then I anticipated the worst - the water overflowing and flooding my
floor with ****ty water

But instead, when i lifted the broomstick the blockage had gone!!!

I flushed it again, got a massive can of dettol and sprayed it
everywhere

just been to supermarket ... got Parazone bleach and a three more cans
of dettol. I am going to spray my entire bathroom

So dave - THANKS!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I will go sky diving, but I will not touch poo. No thanks.

Never think of getting a dog, then.

... or a baby.

SWMBO might *just* look after the baby in the main. But the dog you'll
have to clear up after if you don't want lynched on the common...

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Dave wrote:
wrote:
[...]

How nice to hear that advice on here actually worked and saved somebody
sixty quid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble typed

How nice to hear that advice on here actually worked and saved somebody
sixty quid.

Those who read other newsgroups may observe the OP wants to flit this
Green and Pleasant Land...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Helen Deborah Vecht contains these words:

Those who read other newsgroups may observe the OP wants to flit this
Green and Pleasant Land...

To somewhere where drains clear themselves?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:11:46 +0100, Guy King wrote:

Those who read other newsgroups may observe the OP wants to flit this
Green and Pleasant Land...

To somewhere where drains clear themselves?

Long drops only fill up, they don't block.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

I cut my own hair - my shower drain is blocked. How to unblock? [email protected] UK diy 20 July 4th 06 10:46 PM
toilet back up nogggin Home Repair 12 February 12th 06 12:17 AM
Blocked toilet (oh no, not again - sorry!) Jennie UK diy 19 October 13th 05 02:18 PM
Clearing blocked toilet with caustic soda Timothy Murphy UK diy 45 August 9th 04 01:59 PM
Blocked toilet... help! Martin UK diy 6 July 30th 04 09:39 PM