Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet flush handle to flush unit connection - What's the secret?

Hi All,
As subject, I can't seem to work out a long lasting fix to connect the
lever arm on flush handle to the plastic column that operates the flush
inside the cistern. Admittedly the wife does have the touch of a
blacksmith at times but I seem to be fixing this every 4-6 months.

Fixes so far include cable ties, clothes hanger wire and plastic coated
garden wire. What's the secret? Stainless steel wire, paracord, wife
training?

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonathan Telfer wrote:

Hi All,
As subject, I can't seem to work out a long lasting fix to connect
the lever arm on flush handle to the plastic column that operates the
flush inside the cistern. Admittedly the wife does have the touch of
a blacksmith at times but I seem to be fixing this every 4-6 months.

Fixes so far include cable ties, clothes hanger wire and plastic
coated garden wire. What's the secret? Stainless steel wire,
paracord, wife training?

Thanks,

Jon

Well they usually come with a piece of stiff wire (probably about 10-gauge)
bent either into an 'S' or into a double-ended hook. These should last for a
number of years before eventually rusting through and breaking. You can
possibly buy replacements - or it's not too difficult to fabricate something
similar.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Jonathan Telfer contains these words:

As subject, I can't seem to work out a long lasting fix to connect the
lever arm on flush handle to the plastic column that operates the flush
inside the cistern.

Normally it's just a wire bent at each end.
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.../Flush%201.jpg

--
Skipweasel