Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Disguising a cracked sink

I have found a surface hairline crack in my ceramic kitchen sink,
probably caused by an impact with a heavy cast iron saucepan. Does
anyone know of any method of disguising or repairing it ? It is about
4" long and quite noticeable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Anna" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have found a surface hairline crack in my ceramic kitchen sink,
probably caused by an impact with a heavy cast iron saucepan. Does
anyone know of any method of disguising or repairing it ? It is about
4" long and quite noticeable.

You could probably disguise it by fitting a pair of joke glasses & nose of
the type that you see in joke shops :-)

They're very cheap !.

woodglass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anna wrote:
I have found a surface hairline crack in my ceramic kitchen sink,
probably caused by an impact with a heavy cast iron saucepan. Does
anyone know of any method of disguising or repairing it ? It is about
4" long and quite noticeable.

I dont think theres any way to disguise it, no, other than make the
lighting bad.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anna wrote:

I have found a surface hairline crack in my ceramic kitchen sink,
probably caused by an impact with a heavy cast iron saucepan. Does
anyone know of any method of disguising or repairing it ? It is about
4" long and quite noticeable.

I once had a small chip in the surface of a new wash basin.
Armitage-Shanks merely said it couldn't be done. So I rubbed a tiny bit
of gloss paint in and that stopped me ever thinking of it again - until
today (nearly 20 years later!). You might find one of those special
bath repair kits worth a try.

On the other hand I might be concerned that the crack will spread so
perhaps it might be worth seeing if your insurance will cover it.

Edgar
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anna wrote:
I have found a surface hairline crack in my ceramic kitchen sink,
probably caused by an impact with a heavy cast iron saucepan. Does
anyone know of any method of disguising or repairing it ? It is about
4" long and quite noticeable.

Use caustic soda and bleach to keep it stain free and live with it.

Or replace the sink.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Anna" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have found a surface hairline crack in my ceramic kitchen sink,
probably caused by an impact with a heavy cast iron saucepan. Does
anyone know of any method of disguising or repairing it ? It is about
4" long and quite noticeable.

Ignore it! You could try the insurers, as someone suggested, but it might
come within your excess.

There's been a hairline crack in our wc pan all the time we've lived here,
can't think why a saucepan could have made contact with it ...

:-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4 Aug 2006 14:04:28 -0700, "Anna"
wrote:

I have found a surface hairline crack in my ceramic kitchen sink,
probably caused by an impact with a heavy cast iron saucepan. Does
anyone know of any method of disguising or repairing it ? It is about
4" long and quite noticeable.

Washing up bowl?
--
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!! John Home Repair 10 April 24th 06 05:26 PM
Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!! John UK diy 9 April 18th 06 10:14 PM
Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!! John Home Ownership 9 April 18th 06 10:14 PM
Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 06:01 AM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM