Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Combi Gas Boilers

Could somebody tell me what the regulations are for DIY fitting a Gas Combi
Boiler.

I am proposing to replace my Combi Gas Boiler with a New Combi gas boiler
and want to get the finished project checked out for safety.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin wrote:

Could somebody tell me what the regulations are for DIY fitting a Gas
Combi Boiler.

I am proposing to replace my Combi Gas Boiler with a New Combi gas
boiler and want to get the finished project checked out for safety.

You can't. The regs are on-line - use google

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin wrote:
Could somebody tell me what the regulations are for DIY fitting a Gas Combi
Boiler.

I am proposing to replace my Combi Gas Boiler with a New Combi gas boiler
and want to get the finished project checked out for safety.

Yes you can if you deem yourself competent and are indeed competent.
If you can plumb, can follow technical documents, read regs then the
chances are you are competent.

However a Corgi engineer must commision the boiler if you want any
guarantee upheld by the manufacturer. And is more than likely a good
idea in any case.

On the other hand do what the heck you like in this/these god forsaken
regulation ridden country/times. /*that's better, where's my
medication*/

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"VisionSet" wrote in message
ups.com...

Colin wrote:
Could somebody tell me what the regulations are for DIY fitting a Gas
Combi
Boiler.

I am proposing to replace my Combi Gas Boiler with a New Combi gas boiler
and want to get the finished project checked out for safety.

Yes you can if you deem yourself competent and are indeed competent.
If you can plumb, can follow technical documents, read regs then the
chances are you are competent.

However a Corgi engineer must commision the boiler if you want any
guarantee upheld by the manufacturer.

Not so. Many makers instructions don't even mention Corgi, saying
"competent".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin wrote:

Could somebody tell me what the regulations are for DIY fitting a Gas Combi
Boiler.

You start with the one basic requirement that you are "competent" (a
term used in the statutory instrument, but left undefind).

I am proposing to replace my Combi Gas Boiler with a New Combi gas boiler
and want to get the finished project checked out for safety.

Have a read of the intro to this FAQ for more detail:

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFitting.html

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

zaax wrote:
Colin wrote:

Could somebody tell me what the regulations are for DIY fitting a Gas
Combi Boiler.

I am proposing to replace my Combi Gas Boiler with a New Combi gas
boiler and want to get the finished project checked out for safety.

You can't. The regs are on-line - use google

Can't what? Install it? Check it for safety? I suggest _you_ use Google
and read previous posts on the subject.

MBQ

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Suitable bath taps for combi boilers First Network UK diy 1 February 11th 05 02:40 PM
How to correctly size combi boilers Dean UK diy 16 December 25th 03 10:49 PM
Combi Boilers Marv UK diy 5 November 2nd 03 11:34 PM
Combi boilers - why? David W.E. Roberts UK diy 10 August 30th 03 09:24 PM