Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Franke Sink - Granite undermount - Space for Cutting Board Accesory

Is there specific instruction/care required to install an undermount
Franke sink on granite?
I bought all the accesories, and want to do the right research before I
agree to the granite cutting design, to account for space for the Teak
Cutting Board to be Flush with the granite surface.

This is my first granite countertop - I'm using an installer, but
wanted to prework any observations upfront.

This is the teak cutting board
http://www.frankeksd.com/productdeta...roup=52&lvl=-1

This is the sink
http://www.frankeksd.com/productdeta...roup=52&lvl=-2

This is a GIF of the sink and appliances
http://mymysmorsels.com/images/SINK.gif

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Is there specific instruction/care required to install an undermount
Franke sink on granite?

On ours, our "Granite Man" took the sink and hob templates away with him
when he came to measure up.

The top of the units were routered back by a mm or so to allow the top
of the sink to sit flush on the top of the unit so when silicone was
applied the whole lot sat even.

I presume whetehr the cutting board is flush with the top of the granite
or not will depend on the thickness of the granite and/or the chopping
board.

I bought all the accesories, and want to do the right research before I
agree to the granite cutting design, to account for space for the Teak
Cutting Board to be Flush with the granite surface.

Have a word with Franke we found they were very helpful with regards to
solving a few problems.

This is my first granite countertop - I'm using an installer, but
wanted to prework any observations upfront.

Any Granite installer worth his salt will be able to put you right.

http://mymysmorsels.com/images/SINK.gif

Looking at that, the board will just sit where it sits, If your granite
top is thicker than the chopping board in-situ the board will be lower
if thinner.... if the same then flush. I can't see there is any choice
in the matter.

Pete

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.