Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powergen 10% + 30% rant

Dave wrote:

Just had this price hike detals from Powergen. The much advertised (!) rise in
basic rate IS indeed "only" another 10%. (Since last April that is),

However closer inspection shows that their standing charge per day has increased
in a single step by a staggering 30 PERCENT. From 34p to 49p per day (They
presumably don't put in monthly figures because it looks even more outragious an
increase, from c. £10,20 to c. £14,40).

Actually, increasing the daily rate EVECTIVELLY PENALISES USERS WHO TRY TO SAVE
MONEY BY USING LESS ELECTRICITY. This is truely outrageous in term of any
"Green" policy and imho a very devious way of gaining more revenue.

I'm off to uswitch NOW. btw Anyone know if there's any body worth writing a
complaint to - some Ombudsman maybe or DEFRA perhaps? Probably a waste of time
but maybe a good way to let off steam.

btw please don't tell me we've had cheap supply from the North sea for years and
all the rest of it - I know that already. I also know of this incompetenet
governments energy plans and general policy methodology of retro-action. I've
even hear that next year bills *may* come down when the new piplines from
Holland and ? come on stream. Yeah and pigs might fly. As I see it Nuclear is
the ONLY way to secure our future power supply and stop the Russkies turning off
the tap when they want.

AFAIK the power supply companies dont owe you anything, they tell you
their prices and you can choose to buy from them or not, just like any
other business. I cant see any cause for complaint. Sure its annoying
that energy costs are rising, but thats the way life is, and its not
due to the suppliers doing anything wrong.

Yes we need eelctricity and gas, just as we do food, water, clothes,
housing and so on. All these are supplied by an assortment of competing
suppliers.

The reason people dont listen to complaints is because so many of them
are valueless, and they just get fed up reading the same old crap.
Maybe someone needs to develop some kind of system to automatically
weed genuine complaints from all the junk. Perhaps start with a tickbox
list of 'what are you complaining about', price rises, a staff
incident, power cuts, etc.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The reason people dont listen to complaints is because so many of them
are valueless, and they just get fed up reading the same old crap.
Maybe someone needs to develop some kind of system to automatically
weed genuine complaints from all the junk. Perhaps start with a tickbox
list of 'what are you complaining about', price rises, a staff
incident, power cuts, etc.

Not quite.

The reason is that Thatcherism can't be undone. At least the utility
was a cohesive unit when it was a national asset. As soon as the
abortion was awarded to her asset stripping cronies, the valuable bits
were hived off and all the property sold if it could realise the cash
that paid for the aquisition.

Now the various channels including the complaints dept -which of course
is underfunded, are burdened with a top heavy management channel where
comunications were comprehensive.

And that is where the waste comes from and where the standing charge
goes.

Remember that art appreciator that knocked the face off the idol of
Margaret Thatcher and was fined or imprisoned for it? I wish he'd
knocked the real version in her smirk. And got a medal.

This Tone the Clone crook and monkey pleaser, is not the sort of person
that is likely to do anything about it. He has sooooo much sleaze
gungeing up everything he does and there is no viable alternative.

Sack the lot before we have to hang the *******s. Sure we'd have a
shambles but at least the anarchy would not be organised.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I know thuggie matcher changed the game, but now the utilities are
competing companies, somewhat like other business sectors, and I'm not
seeing anything different about gas & lec compared to other sectors
that warrants complaint. I think its just a case of people wanting to
be given sweets and moaning when theyre not. The moan is so widespread
that people have come to think it has some kind of real validity.

And that is where the waste comes from and where the standing charge
goes.

Remember that art appreciator that knocked the face off the idol of
Margaret Thatcher and was fined or imprisoned for it? I wish he'd
knocked the real version in her smirk. And got a medal.

reckon theres a long queue for that one. Probably for all politicians.
The more work they put in, the more theyre disliked.

This Tone the Clone crook and monkey pleaser, is not the sort of person
that is likely to do anything about it. He has sooooo much sleaze
gungeing up everything he does and there is no viable alternative.

Sack the lot before we have to hang the *******s. Sure we'd have a
shambles but at least the anarchy would not be organised.

Its a real problem. I think its just part of the duopoly game British
politics is. The 2 parties just hand power back and forth between them,
duopolitically. Oh, the dodgy word alarm's gone off, gotta run.

NT

Powergen 10% + 30% rant Andrew Gabriel UK diy 6 August 4th 06 11:15 PM
Powergen 10% + 30% rant Colin Wilson UK diy 16 August 1st 06 12:22 PM
Powergen 10% + 30% rant elyob UK diy 5 July 31st 06 10:17 PM
Gas Farce - Transco & Powergen Andrew Mawson UK diy 20 November 23rd 04 10:16 PM