Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hotpoint washing machine: how do I remove front panel?

I have a Hotpoint 9536 which I bought in 1994.
Does anyone know how to remove the front panel - with the door in it.
Thanks
Paul

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:24:00 UTC, "tubbs"
wrote:

I have a Hotpoint 9536 which I bought in 1994.
Does anyone know how to remove the front panel - with the door in it.

Take the top off (two screws at back, then slide, can't remember if it's
forward or backwards).

Remove soap tray (pulls straight out but can be a struggle) and remove
four screws beneath on plastic fascia. Loosend screw hold on control
knob (convenient hole in top edge). Remove fascia taking care with
plastic clips that hold indicator neons.

Remove screws at top and bottom of front panel. It will now pull away
but won't go far until you remove the wire ring that holds the door
seal. To do that, open door and prise the plastic clip towards you (it
fits over a pin). It will come in two and release the wire. WARNING:
this wire fitting seems to vary so try to check before applying force!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tubbs wrote:
I have a Hotpoint 9536 which I bought in 1994.
Does anyone know how to remove the front panel - with the door in it.
Thanks
Paul

You could try here?
http://www.howtomendit.com/questions.php?id=40&page=8

ps how did you manage to get the door stuck in it? ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have a Hotpoint 9536 which I bought in 1994.
Does anyone know how to remove the front panel - with the door in it.

Take the top off (two screws at back, then slide, can't remember if
it's forward or backwards).

Remove soap tray (pulls straight out but can be a struggle) and remove
four screws beneath on plastic fascia. Loosend screw hold on control
knob (convenient hole in top edge). Remove fascia taking care with
plastic clips that hold indicator neons.

Remove screws at top and bottom of front panel. It will now pull away
but won't go far until you remove the wire ring that holds the door
seal. To do that, open door and prise the plastic clip towards you (it
fits over a pin). It will come in two and release the wire. WARNING:
this wire fitting seems to vary so try to check before applying force!

Bob is spot on here, but another warning - that clip has a tendency to ping
across the room & get lost! If that happens let me know - I bought a spare,
then found the original, then bought a new machine!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
tubbs wrote:
I have a Hotpoint 9536 which I bought in 1994.
Does anyone know how to remove the front panel - with the door in it.
Thanks
Paul

You could try here?
http://www.howtomendit.com/questions.php?id=40&page=8

ps how did you manage to get the door stuck in it? ;-)

Probably washing the paint on the door

;-^