BigWallop

Default Drain for bath through tiled floor

"Rob Graham" wrote in message
om...
I need to make a 40mm hole through the bathroom floor to couple the
outlet from the bath to the drain. But the floor is ceramic tile, 9mm
ply and 22mm pine and I don't know where the drain pipe is from the
top. I can get under the floor but with difficulty - ie there's about
18 inches clearance.

Anyone suggest how to drill through the wood and the ceramic tile -
and take into account that there might be the odd nail around or screw
holding the ply to the original flooring.

Rob

Is the bath already in place ?

Rob Graham

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"Rob Graham" wrote in message
om...
I need to make a 40mm hole through the bathroom floor to couple the
outlet from the bath to the drain. But the floor is ceramic tile, 9mm
ply and 22mm pine and I don't know where the drain pipe is from the
top. I can get under the floor but with difficulty - ie there's about
18 inches clearance.

Anyone suggest how to drill through the wood and the ceramic tile -
and take into account that there might be the odd nail around or screw
holding the ply to the original flooring.

Rob

Is the bath already in place ?

Hmm - I should have said that the bath can be moved. It's a good old
fashioned confortable CI bath but at the moment its sitting
effectively on rollers so that I can move it around.

My difficulty is that I don't want to drill blindly from the top but
drilling from the underside could equally be difficult. I'm wondering
about attaching a chunk of 'iron' under the floor at the right point
and trying to detect it with a nail detector.

Rob