Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Towel Warmers

Hi,

Is any one able to recommend an electric chrome towel warmer that does
not require additional bonding on installation. Is this bonding really
necessary these days or will electricians always insist on it?

Many thanks,
Darren.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is any one able to recommend an electric chrome towel warmer that does
not require additional bonding on installation.

Installed where? Fixed or portable?

In a room containing a bath or shower, not if one is expected to
justify it in the subsequent court case. While such cases are not
inevitable they are something to consider, even if one doesn't give
two hoots for the safety of those using the bathroom.

Is this bonding really necessary these days

Other than in a room which has the misfortune of plastic plumbing,
yes.

If you wanted a simple party politician style answer then sorry, but
there is not one.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What have you got against earth bonds? They're quick to fit and cost
little. And damn important in bathrooms and if your house has TN-C-S
(PME) earthing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm quite confused now! I have the normal electric socket on the wall
with an earth in it. I also have an earth wire coming directly out the
wall to the left of it? I'm particularly keen to not to have any wires
looking unsightly?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Jul 2006 10:29:59 -0700 someone who may be "
wrote this:-

What have you got against earth bonds?

You didn't indicate which part of my posting you were replying to,
which makes it rather difficult to comment too much.

However, what makes you think that I have anything against
supplementary bonding?

Even if I did, that is irrelevant. All I did say was that the
protective conductor in short lengths of flex is considered adequate
enough for the supplementary bonding to run only to the cord outlet
and not the appliance. I didn't make any comment on whether I
thought this was good or bad.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh