Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spec / size of pipe between Oil tank and boiler ?

I need to lay a oil feed pipe between the proposed site of the tank and the
oil boiler - yet to be decided but will be around 80,000 BTU. Length of the
run will be approx 40 feet total, with most above ground tacked along garage
wall with the last 15 feet or so dug into lawn and coming up next to house.
Only foot traffic on lawn.
Questions :
1) What diameter / spec should the pipe be ( plastic coated / sleeved as
well under ground in ? waste pipe? )
2) At what depth should the pipe be buried and should it be laid on sand /
sleeved in steel or would waste pipe do if e.g. bricks laid above for
protection from spades etc. ?

Thanks,

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:01:06 +0000, Nick wrote:

I need to lay a oil feed pipe between the proposed site of the tank and the
oil boiler - yet to be decided but will be around 80,000 BTU. Length of the
run will be approx 40 feet total, with most above ground tacked along garage
wall with the last 15 feet or so dug into lawn and coming up next to house.
Only foot traffic on lawn.
Questions :
1) What diameter / spec should the pipe be ( plastic coated / sleeved as
well under ground in ? waste pipe? )
2) At what depth should the pipe be buried and should it be laid on sand /
sleeved in steel or would waste pipe do if e.g. bricks laid above for
protection from spades etc. ?

google oftec - I think they have some technical guides on their wibble

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spec / size of pipe between Oil tank - thanks John !

" google oftec - I think they have some technical guides on their wibble

Thanks John - will have a browse around their site..

What I am not sure is the "procedure / order" to do things...

e.g. does "permission" need to first be granted (by the Council / Building
Control / other ) to put a boiler in, or do you just get it done / do it
yourself and get it commissioned / signed off by an OFTEC guy when all done
and then tell the Council / BCO / others ?

Thanks again,

Nick

New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Complete new CH or just new boiler ChrisJ UK diy 4 September 15th 04 09:05 PM
Boiler and Hot Water Tank in Same Cupboard ? Andy Hide UK diy 26 July 14th 04 02:43 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM