Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Painting textured wallpaper - advice sought

Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for painting (new) textured wallpaper with
emulsion.

I have tried using a long pile roller however it is extremely hard work
to get the paint into all of the nooks and crannies plus I seem to be
using an awful lot of paint.

Should I water the paint down and go for a couple of coats?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Matt wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for painting (new) textured wallpaper with
emulsion.

I have tried using a long pile roller however it is extremely hard work
to get the paint into all of the nooks and crannies plus I seem to be
using an awful lot of paint.

Should I water the paint down and go for a couple of coats?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

The only suggestion I've got is to roll on the paint from lots of
different angles to get into all the nooks and crannies. It sounds like
you are using a one-coat. It's best to have 2 coats in my opinion.
Whether watering down is suitable or not depends on the paint.
You can have thick paint without much pigment in it, or quite thin and
lots of pigment.
Some of thick jelly-like non-drip paints can be hard work to roll.
Hope some of that helps,
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message . com
from "Matt" contains these words:

Has anyone got any tips for painting (new) textured wallpaper with
emulsion.

Spray it.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com, Matt
writes
Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for painting (new) textured wallpaper with
emulsion.

I have tried using a long pile roller however it is extremely hard work
to get the paint into all of the nooks and crannies plus I seem to be
using an awful lot of paint.

Should I water the paint down and go for a couple of coats?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Use paint pads. Thin the first coat 10% with water and the apply the
second coat as it comes from the tin.

It goes faster if there are at least two of you, one doing the edges to
start with and the other filling in. If the kids are old enough to
trust, get them to load the pads from the tray. BTDTGTTS.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!