Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default External Door Pilasters

Hi,

The plinth of the external door pilasters around the door to the house
have gone rotten, and generally they have had it, with chips etc.
Though they are only decorative, every house in the street has them, so
I need to replace them rather than just put them in the skip.

Does any one know where I can buy them (cheaply), or had experience in
fitting them? I have only found one company and they seemed a tad
expensive since I needed to buy 2, but there must be other suppliers.

Any advice would be great.

thanks,

Norman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Norm" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

The plinth of the external door pilasters around the door to the house
have gone rotten, and generally they have had it, with chips etc.
Though they are only decorative, every house in the street has them, so
I need to replace them rather than just put them in the skip.

Does any one know where I can buy them (cheaply), or had experience in
fitting them? I have only found one company and they seemed a tad
expensive since I needed to buy 2, but there must be other suppliers.

Any advice would be great.

Make a frame around the base approximately a 1/4" bigger than your existing
base.
Fill with plaster of paris.
Remove frame
Rub down and carefully fill any imperfections
Paint

Job done