A DIY & home improvement forum. DIYbanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DIYbanter forum » Do - it - Yourself » UK diy
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 5th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

Can't believe how much Homebase are charging for this stuff, especially as
the spray can I bought the other day clogged up after 30 seconds and is now
unusable with a third still left in the tin. Wasted another third trying to
get it to work. Needless to say, I'm now looking for a tin of paint rather
than a spray can.





Ads
  #2  
Old July 5th 06, 12:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,326
Default cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

Haymish Pupkin wrote:
Can't believe how much Homebase are charging for this stuff,
especially as the spray can I bought the other day clogged up after
30 seconds and is now unusable with a third still left in the tin.
Wasted another third trying to get it to work. Needless to say, I'm
now looking for a tin of paint rather than a spray can.


If its white or black? you want try a discount car accessories shop.
Its about 4gbp near me how much did you pay?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite



  #3  
Old July 5th 06, 04:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Haymish Pupkin wrote:
Can't believe how much Homebase are charging for this stuff,
especially as the spray can I bought the other day clogged up after
30 seconds and is now unusable with a third still left in the tin.
Wasted another third trying to get it to work. Needless to say, I'm
now looking for a tin of paint rather than a spray can.


If its white or black? you want try a discount car accessories shop.
Its about 4gbp near me how much did you pay?



Well I just bought some from FocusDIY as they had a special offer on.

2 x 750ml tins for 20 normal price 12.99 each so worked out cheaper per
litre than buying the 2.5 litre tin for 34.99 (you get more of a discount
the more you buy)

Not what I'd call a bargain but a bit of a saving. No deals to be had at
homebase or B&Q

Thanks



  #4  
Old July 5th 06, 04:38 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,326
Default cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

Haymish Pupkin wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Haymish Pupkin wrote:
Can't believe how much Homebase are charging for this stuff,
especially as the spray can I bought the other day clogged up after
30 seconds and is now unusable with a third still left in the tin.
Wasted another third trying to get it to work. Needless to say, I'm
now looking for a tin of paint rather than a spray can.


If its white or black? you want try a discount car accessories shop.
Its about 4gbp near me how much did you pay?



Well I just bought some from FocusDIY as they had a special offer on.

2 x 750ml tins for 20 normal price 12.99 each so worked out cheaper
per litre than buying the 2.5 litre tin for 34.99 (you get more of a
discount the more you buy)

Not what I'd call a bargain but a bit of a saving. No deals to be had
at homebase or B&Q

Thanks


That is cheap then. ;-)

With the lid firmly attached, turn the tin upside down to stop the skin
forming on the top when storing.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite



  #5  
Old July 5th 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,466
Default cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

In message , Haymish
Pupkin writes
Can't believe how much Homebase are charging for this stuff, especially as
the spray can I bought the other day clogged up after 30 seconds and is now
unusable with a third still left in the tin. Wasted another third trying to
get it to work. Needless to say, I'm now looking for a tin of paint rather
than a spray can.

I pay 3.50 / can from my local car accessory shop when I buy 12 cans

--
geoff
  #6  
Old July 6th 06, 04:46 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:49:58 GMT, raden wrote:

I pay 3.50 / can from my local car accessory shop when I buy 12 cans


If you are buying that much try a trade decorator centre and see if
you can negotiate a quantity discount. Dulux and Hammerite are both
owned by ICI so branches of the former should have a good stock of the
latter but branches of Crown stock it as well.
  #7  
Old July 6th 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,466
Default cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

In message , Peter Johnson
writes
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:49:58 GMT, raden wrote:

I pay 3.50 / can from my local car accessory shop when I buy 12 cans


If you are buying that much try a trade decorator centre and see if
you can negotiate a quantity discount. Dulux and Hammerite are both
owned by ICI so branches of the former should have a good stock of the
latter but branches of Crown stock it as well.


I thought of doing that, but so far haven't got round to it


--
geoff
  #8  
Old July 7th 06, 03:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default cheapest place for hammerite direct to rust metal paint?

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:46:49 +0100, Peter Johnson
wrote:

If you are buying that much try a trade decorator centre and see if
you can negotiate a quantity discount. Dulux and Hammerite are both
owned by ICI so branches of the former should have a good stock of the
latter but branches of Crown stock it as well.


Having said that, the Dulux branches near to me have a reputation for
being expensive and inflexible so you might be better off trying
Crown.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rust can be your friend... James Riser Metalworking 10 May 3rd 06 02:47 AM
question jr Metalworking 17 August 30th 05 01:37 AM
Salt and vinegar for rust removal Paul O. Woodworking 89 May 21st 04 09:20 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Q: Best place to buy metal ducts for HVAC? D- Home Repair 2 August 20th 03 07:07 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.