Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I need some advice on my Mira 415 shower

Hi, Can anyone give me some advice please?

I have a mira 415 running off a Worcester 24 combi, both are
approximately 5 yrs old and the boiler is well serviced by British Gas.

The problem I have is that the temperature of the water goes from
either freezing cold to scalding hot in a cycle of probably 30-50
seconds. No amount of adjustment of the control helps me. any ideas
anyone?

Also what would I need to keep the pressure/temperature constant if
someone flushed the toilet or used another tap?

any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The problem I have is that the temperature of the water goes from
either freezing cold to scalding hot in a cycle of probably 30-50
seconds. No amount of adjustment of the control helps me. any ideas
anyone?

Does hot water temperature vary at the basin/bath tap?

Also what would I need to keep the pressure/temperature constant if
someone flushed the toilet or used another tap?

A miracle :-)
The cold water flow rate will drop to both the shower and the boiler so
the temperature at the shower should remain fairly constant, but the
flow rate could drop dramatically.

Charlie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The problem I have is that the temperature of the water goes from
either freezing cold to scalding hot in a cycle of probably 30-50
seconds. No amount of adjustment of the control helps me. any ideas
anyone?

Probably the thermostat module needs an overhaul.
Even if the hot or cold stop the 415 valve will not change the temp by much.
Unless its very old (20 years) the threads on the valve module are LH.
You could undo it and descale it and see if that fixes it.
Otherwise send it away to be fixed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The problem I have is that the temperature of the water goes from
either freezing cold to scalding hot in a cycle of probably 30-50
seconds. No amount of adjustment of the control helps me. any ideas
anyone?

The Mira 415 is a pressure balancing shower mixer without thermostatic
control. Therefore, the problem is likely to be either varying pressure on
one of the supplies not compensated for by the pressure balancing valve. Or,
more likely, there is an issue with the boiler not regulating temperature
properly.

Also what would I need to keep the pressure/temperature constant if
someone flushed the toilet or used another tap?

You are unlikely to improve the performance in this regard without extremely
disruptive and expensive work. However, you can mitigate the effect by
turning down isolator valves to the minimum acceptable flow for each outlet.
There is no need for the toilet to fill in 20 seconds, or a basin to blast
out the water. If you turn down these isolators, then the effect of using
the tap/toilet will be reduced.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Iwan wrote:
Hi, Can anyone give me some advice please?

I have a mira 415 running off a Worcester 24 combi, both are
approximately 5 yrs old and the boiler is well serviced by British Gas.

The problem I have is that the temperature of the water goes from
either freezing cold to scalding hot in a cycle of probably 30-50
seconds. No amount of adjustment of the control helps me. any ideas
anyone?

Also what would I need to keep the pressure/temperature constant if
someone flushed the toilet or used another tap?

any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

Have you read the manual for the shower?

http://www.mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/15297.pdf
It has a troubleshooting section which includes a description of exactly
your symptoms AFAICS.

david

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
Iwan wrote:
Hi, Can anyone give me some advice please?

I have a mira 415 running off a Worcester 24 combi, both are
approximately 5 yrs old and the boiler is well serviced by British Gas.

The problem I have is that the temperature of the water goes from
either freezing cold to scalding hot in a cycle of probably 30-50
seconds. No amount of adjustment of the control helps me. any ideas
anyone?

Also what would I need to keep the pressure/temperature constant if
someone flushed the toilet or used another tap?

any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

Have you read the manual for the shower?

http://www.mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/15297.pdf
It has a troubleshooting section which includes a description of exactly
your symptoms AFAICS.

Hmm..
My Mira 415 doesn't look like that.
I wonder why they have reused the model number?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4 Jul 2006 14:01:47 -0700, "Iwan" wrote:

Hi, Can anyone give me some advice please?

I have a mira 415 running off a Worcester 24 combi, both are
approximately 5 yrs old and the boiler is well serviced by British Gas.

The problem I have is that the temperature of the water goes from
either freezing cold to scalding hot in a cycle of probably 30-50
seconds. No amount of adjustment of the control helps me. any ideas
anyone?

Also what would I need to keep the pressure/temperature constant if
someone flushed the toilet or used another tap?

any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

Sledgehammer the combi into tiny little bits and dispose of in an
approved manner. Then fit a storage cylinder and a new (obviously
non-combi) boiler. Problem solved .....zippo

Please help me bleed my mira sport shower [email protected] UK diy 4 August 25th 05 11:11 AM
Shower advice Martin UK diy 15 January 22nd 04 03:13 PM
Mira electric shower won't stop David UK diy 1 December 31st 03 12:43 AM
Replacing electric shower - advice? Marshal Anderson UK diy 2 September 15th 03 02:18 PM
Advice on which shower mixer? Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 6th 03 12:39 PM