Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default building regulations for outside loo

Anyone know the regs for an outside loo ? Would not actually be
connected to the house, just
very close. I would like the structure to be basically a shed, to avoid
some issues. Basically, I've had plans passed for a extension, which
involve losing the existing outside loo. At some stage I will be
putting in a new downstairs loo, but I have just thought that I would
like to keep a second loo until then. So I will basically need to
"move" the loo. Other probs, will be building near public sewer, and I
want to avoid doing the whole BCO/full plans/severn trent thing all
over again just to get a loo in a shed. Any thoughts ?
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Basically, I've had plans passed for a extension, which
involve losing the existing outside loo.

Surprised you got them past. A friend of mine was told in no uncertain terms
that they would NOT allow him to remove his downstairs loo, which had been
an outside one, but now had a door straight into the kitchen with the old
outside door blocked up.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:
Basically, I've had plans passed for a extension, which
involve losing the existing outside loo.

Surprised you got them past. A friend of mine was told in no uncertain terms
that they would NOT allow him to remove his downstairs loo, which had been
an outside one, but now had a door straight into the kitchen with the old
outside door blocked up.

Christian.

Ah well, it was not an outside loo then was it ?
Anyway, the new understairs loo was on the original plans, but I
couldn't (be bothered to) spec it in enough detail for the BCO on the
full plans, so I removed it - will be done later on a building notice
along with loads of other stuff.
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anyway, the new understairs loo was on the original plans, but I
couldn't (be bothered to) spec it in enough detail for the BCO on the
full plans, so I removed it - will be done later on a building notice
along with loads of other stuff.

Ah! Nice one. Get them to pass it with the toilet on and then sneakily omit
it from the next iteration!

Christian.