Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Material mixup

Maybe someone can help? I've just had some shelving installed by some
folk that didnt speak english very well, and it seems theres a problem.
Instead of using mdf theyve gone and used pdf! Now every time I want to
read a book off the shelf I gotta fire up the puter

Its a material mixup cos it changes the functionality of the shelving
unit.

Is there anything can be done? Surely you can help, pleeeeeeeeeeese??

Lost of Land's End

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Maybe someone can help? I've just had some shelving installed by some
folk that didnt speak english very well, and it seems theres a problem.
Instead of using mdf theyve gone and used pdf!

Do you have to be an acrobat to put things on them?

--
*I started out with nothing... and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Andy Wade contains these words:

Also I don't think they've got the shelving very level. Some of your
syllables have fallen off.

Has he been disemvowelled?

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Andy Wade
writes
wrote:

Maybe someone can help? I've just had some shelving installed by some
folk that didnt speak english very well, and it seems theres a problem.
Instead of using mdf theyve gone and used pdf! Now every time I want to
read a book off the shelf I gotta fire up the puter

Also I don't think they've got the shelving very level. Some of your
syllables have fallen off.

That's why he needs a fixed font

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Also I don't think they've got the shelving very level. Some of your
syllables have fallen off.

That's why he needs a fixed font

Unless ,of course, he has ....irritable vowel syndrome....[sorry,
couldn't resist it]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:13:26 +0100, Grumpy owd man wrote
(in article ilgate.org):

Also I don't think they've got the shelving very level. Some of your
syllables have fallen off.

That's why he needs a fixed font

Unless ,of course, he has ....irritable vowel syndrome....[sorry,
couldn't resist it]

OTOH, he might be inconsonant....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grumpy owd man wrote:

Also I don't think they've got the shelving very level. Some of your
syllables have fallen off.

That's why he needs a fixed font

Unless ,of course, he has ....irritable vowel syndrome....[sorry,
couldn't resist it]

Oy!!! Ooh, is that irritable vowels.

I just put some Os back on the shelf, got loose vowels. S if they
disappear again yu'll knw why.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill

In message , Andy Hall
writes
Unless ,of course, he has ....irritable vowel syndrome....[sorry,
couldn't resist it]

OTOH, he might be inconsonant....

Did you know that diohrrea is hereditary? It runs in your genes
(sp?????)

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:35:32 +0100, Owain wrote:

Do you have a special place for your Os, keep them all together in the O
zone?

Of course if the pirates come and steal all the Os it will cause sevre
difficulties. Not least for miss Ophelia Oliver.

"A man named Otto Ott, when asked his name, could only stutter. Ophelia
Oliver repeated hers, and vanished from the haunts of men."

"We can't tell shot from shoot or hot from hoot," the blacksmith pointed
out in a meeting with other townsfolk. "Oft becomes the same as foot, and
odd the same as dodo. Something must be done at once or we shall never know
what we are saying."

(James Thurber - The Wonderful O)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 19:17:10 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
had this to say:

wrote:

I just put some Os back on the shelf, got loose vowels. S if they
disappear again yu'll knw why.

Why not just hang them on a jpeg?

gif us a break!

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:30:05 +0100, Owain wrote
(in article ):

Frank Erskine wrote:
I just put some Os back on the shelf, got loose vowels. S if they
disappear again yu'll knw why.
Why not just hang them on a jpeg?

gif us a break!

This is what happens when you get into a tiff; no need to take the huff,man.

Owain

Let's get real... the run length of this could be over in quick time.