Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maurice Hood

Default off topic

Know this is not the correct ng but unable to find the correct one.
Question is what opinion do members have regarding ACER digital cameras?
Someone gave me a digital site address but was unable to access it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Maurice Hood wrote:
Know this is not the correct ng but unable to find the correct one.
Question is what opinion do members have regarding ACER digital
cameras? Someone gave me a digital site address but was unable to
access it.

fj.comp.dev.digital-camera

HTH

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maurice Hood

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk

fj.comp.dev.digital-camera

HTH

Unable to open. do I type it exactly as above?
with www? or what

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Maurice Hood wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk

fj.comp.dev.digital-camera

HTH

Unable to open. do I type it exactly as above?
with www? or what

Its a news group ya numpty,if it was a URL i'd of put *www*

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 00:56:59 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Unable to open. do I type it exactly as above?
with www? or what

Its a news group ya numpty,if it was a URL i'd of put *www*

so put in nntp:

The OP said ..

"Know this is not the correct ng but unable to find the correct one.
Question is what opinion do members have regarding ACER digital
cameras?
Someone gave me a digital site address but was unable to access it"

Strange innit,

The guy asks the question on a newsgroup so we come to the logical
conclusion that he knows how to access newsgroups?

An alternative ng is offered but doesn't work for him but we don't
know if he's trying to access it via a WEB browser or it simply isn't
available on his news server (as it isn't mine).

However *we* spot that it doesn't look like a URL as it has too many
bits and doesn't end in .com .co.uk and if we copy and paste it into
the 'Find' function of our news reader and it come up blank *we*
probably know why?

Possibly a good clue to the OP's 'newness' to the sport was the
subject of "off topic" (but at least he tried, AND he didn't top
post on his reply .. ) ;-)

.... Just thinking out loud .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. Maurice .. try the rec.photo.digital newsgroup if you haven't
found better already?