Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Siting Radiator

A very simple question: Is it ok to site a radiator beneath a combi
boiler? The boiler will be in the bathroom. Can't think of any reason
why not. Can anyone else? Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y
One and Only

wrote in message
oups.com...
A very simple question: Is it ok to site a radiator beneath a combi
boiler? The boiler will be in the bathroom. Can't think of any reason
why not. Can anyone else? Cheers

Why not install a quality heated towel rail instead?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:18:44 +0100, One and Only wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
oups.com...
A very simple question: Is it ok to site a radiator beneath a combi
boiler? The boiler will be in the bathroom. Can't think of any reason
why not. Can anyone else? Cheers

Why not install a quality heated towel rail instead?

Is there such a thing?

I've been trying to find one for weeks that isn't either white or chrome.

I'm looking for one with a stainless steel/pewter type of finish. Can I
find one? Nope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:37:23 +0100, Andy Hall had
this to say:

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:18:44 +0100, One and Only wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
oups.com...
A very simple question: Is it ok to site a radiator beneath a combi
boiler? The boiler will be in the bathroom. Can't think of any reason
why not. Can anyone else? Cheers

Why not install a quality heated towel rail instead?

Is there such a thing?

I've been trying to find one for weeks that isn't either white or chrome.

I'm looking for one with a stainless steel/pewter type of finish. Can I
find one? Nope.

Myson will do bespoke ones, so presumably you can bespeak the finish.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:59:12 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote
(in article ):

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:37:23 +0100, Andy Hall had
this to say:

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:18:44 +0100, One and Only wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
oups.com...
A very simple question: Is it ok to site a radiator beneath a combi
boiler? The boiler will be in the bathroom. Can't think of any reason
why not. Can anyone else? Cheers

Why not install a quality heated towel rail instead?

Is there such a thing?

I've been trying to find one for weeks that isn't either white or chrome.

I'm looking for one with a stainless steel/pewter type of finish. Can I
find one? Nope.

Myson will do bespoke ones, so presumably you can bespeak the finish.

Thanks for that, Frank.

They have quite a good standard range of shapes and sizes, so that aspect
seems OK - I can probably find a suitable product.

I notice that they do a brushed nickel finish. That might well be suitable
as long as it's not too bright.

I think I'll call them on Monday and see if I can get a sample of metal
finished in this colour.

I'm not expecting a low price for this rail - very likely it will be
£200-300+ even for a small one. I looked at their designer range for a
radiator for my conservatory. There is quite a nice cast one with a wooden
seat on the top. Only trouble is that it's price is north of £2k and I
didn't want to pay that much.

thanks again

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:

I've been trying to find one for weeks that isn't either white or chrome.

I'm looking for one with a stainless steel/pewter type of finish. Can I
find one? Nope.

TLC do stainless steel ones - at good prices too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Why not install a quality heated towel rail instead?

Is there such a thing?

I've been trying to find one for weeks that isn't either white or chrome.

I'm looking for one with a stainless steel/pewter type of finish. Can
I find one? Nope.

TLC sell stainless steel ones. Dunno if they're mirror or satin finish,
though. But as all stainless will end up satin eventually...

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:38:29 +0100, Owain wrote
(in article ):

Andy Hall wrote:
I've been trying to find one for weeks that isn't either white or chrome.

I hadn't realised that they were quite so polished an appearance, though.
It's that that I'm trying to avoid. I thought that stainless steel would
(I
suppose it would if unpolished).

Would gas barrel look quite nice if burnished up?

Owain

Gas barrel?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
I hadn't realised that they were quite so polished an appearance, though.

It's that that I'm trying to avoid. I thought that stainless steel would (I
suppose it would if unpolished).

Will have to keep looking.....

I don't know how much it cost to get one bead-blasted, but maybe that
would be an option?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:14:15 +0100, Owain wrote
(in article ):

Andy Hall wrote:
Would gas barrel look quite nice if burnished up?

Gas barrel?

Make your own towel rail out of gas barrel?

Sorry, it didn't seem like /such/ a daft suggestion.

Owain

Sorry, Owain, it wasn't that I didn't think it was a good idea. It was
that I don't know what gas barrel is.....

Please could you elucidate.....

thx

/andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Andy Hall contains these words:

Sorry, Owain, it wasn't that I didn't think it was a good idea. It was
that I don't know what gas barrel is.....

Please could you elucidate.....

Heavy iron pipe.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Sorry, Owain, it wasn't that I didn't think it was a good idea. It
was that I don't know what gas barrel is.....

Iron pipe - rather like electrical conduit.

--
*Of course I'm against sin; I'm against anything that I'm too old to enjoy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Plumber been, radiator now leaking, wont come back to fix it. Advice please Bramble UK diy 4 May 29th 06 07:05 PM
one cold radiator but no valve tops! [email protected] UK diy 11 May 27th 06 07:06 PM
Towel radiator siting [email protected] UK diy 1 February 8th 06 11:29 PM
Cold Radiator Kroma UK diy 4 December 3rd 05 10:26 PM
Radiator valve to radiator tail coupling Lee Wright UK diy 1 August 22nd 03 10:11 AM