Vaillant Ecotec 837 or WB Greenstar 35CDI combi ??

Old June 19th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vaillant Ecotec 837 or WB Greenstar 35CDI combi ??

Have narrowed my choice of combi wall hung boiler down to
the Vaillant EcoTec plus 837 or the WB Greenstar 35CDI.

Any helpful comments to assist with making the final decision ?

Thanks

Robert

House spec is:
large 3 beds, 3 floor midterrace, solid rubble walled (ie poor
insulation) house. with 1 bathroom and 1 ensuite shower but little
simultaneous use.
Present boiler Ideal Mexico RS65 okay for CH & HW.
Robert
Old June 19th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:54:35 +0100, robert wrote:

Have narrowed my choice of combi wall hung boiler down to
the Vaillant EcoTec plus 837 or the WB Greenstar 35CDI.

Any helpful comments to assist with making the final decision ?

Thanks

Robert

House spec is:
large 3 beds, 3 floor midterrace, solid rubble walled (ie poor
insulation) house. with 1 bathroom and 1 ensuite shower but little
simultaneous use.
Present boiler Ideal Mexico RS65 okay for CH & HW.
Robert

Frankly this is a bit over the top and you could probably save a few quid
by down grading to the the 28-30kW versions.

Also the gas pipe for the 35kW boilers will most likely have to
be 28mm, but you'll probably have to upgrade anyway.

Both makes are in the upper-mid market. The Vaillant has a s/s heat
exchanger.

Old June 19th 06, 10:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:13:47 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

[...]

Agree the CH output is more than I need, but I need a decent HW
flowrate and removal of HW cylinder is necessary as part of overall
plan.

Gas pipe will have to be replaced anyway its 15mm and about 25metre
run at present.

Robert
Robert
Old June 20th 06, 02:33 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

lid wrote:

Gas pipe will have to be replaced anyway its 15mm and about 25metre
run at present.

If memory serves, I calculated a max effective length for 22mm pipe
feeding a 35kW boiler at only 12m. So as Ed said, "bigger"!

(Personally I would not go for less than 35kW - I find even that is only
_just_ good enough)

--
Cheers,

John.