Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Unsolicited praise of new blue Bosch corded drill...

No I don't work for 'em!

Just tried my new shiny blue Bosch GSB 20-2 RE (240V) that I got yesterday
on some random "hard as nails" concrete round my Dad's house.

12mm masonry bit, lumpy flint like aggregate: flippen heck, on full power in
impact mode it just melted through in seconds to 3" depth. 4 more holes
later and the drill bit was showing signs of becoming fairly knackered.

[It's a cheap bit from a cheap set of most types of bits/sizes that I bought
more for the useful plastic box, with the aim to replace bits with quality
ones as I killed them].

I really like the no-tools metal chuck too. It's an 800W drill, not too
unwieldy, quite suitable as an everyday unit, nice metal gearbox and collar
which gives me confidence if mounting it in a press.

Good attention to detail, including the extra long very flexible rubber
cable, solid knobs and smooth power control.

Full marks in it's class. Can't give you a link as theres a session id, but
searching by part number at
http://www.bosch-pt.com/uk/en/gw/start/index.htm
will get there.

No reason really - just rather chuffed

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

Tim S wrote:
[...]

Aaahh...I hear wedding bells.
Has 'she' invited you round to meet mum and dad?

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Davao wrote:

Aaahh...I hear wedding bells.
Has 'she' invited you round to meet mum and dad?

Max Esdies and Minnie Kango?
No, I'm not yet rich enough for the likes of them...

Ours will be occasional activity in the garage.

I'll get me coat...

Tim