Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Black & Decker Cordless Battery?

My battery for this device has died. the drill is a KC12XC and the
battery A9252. Does anyone know where I can get a battery for less than
the price of a new drill? I saw a post saying Maplin could get
individual cells, but when I tried them they mailed me details of AA
AAA rechargeables!

Discharged

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson

wrote in message
oups.com...
My battery for this device has died. the drill is a KC12XC and the
battery A9252. Does anyone know where I can get a battery for less

than
the price of a new drill? I saw a post saying Maplin could get
individual cells, but when I tried them they mailed me details of AA
AAA rechargeables!

Discharged

Try http://www.multicell.co.uk

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

wrote in message
oups.com...
My battery for this device has died. the drill is a KC12XC and the
battery A9252. Does anyone know where I can get a battery for less than
the price of a new drill? I saw a post saying Maplin could get
individual cells, but when I tried them they mailed me details of AA
AAA rechargeables!

Discharged

you can easily buy the cells but they are tricky to fix together. If you go
to a firm like re-cell they will strip and rebuild your pack with better
cells for about the price you can get the cells for.

I have used them three times and been pleased every time:
http://www.re-cell.co.uk/powertool.html

mrcheerful

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
My battery for this device has died. the drill is a KC12XC and the
battery A9252. Does anyone know where I can get a battery for less than
the price of a new drill? I saw a post saying Maplin could get
individual cells, but when I tried them they mailed me details of AA
AAA rechargeables!

Pretty well all drills use Sub-C cells and probably Ni-Cads unless recent,
so you need to look out for *tagged* versions of these to solder to.
Maplin are pretty expensive, so check out CPC.

--
*All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks everyone. Recell were full of very knowledgeable advice.
Multicell quote £2.50 per cell for this pack, so I explored inside the
pack and found I need 7 cells from 10 replacing.
NEVER buy a B&D KC12XC.
This must be one of the lightest used cordless drills in DIY history,
2-3 times a year I go out to sand my car bodywork, thats it.
OK its 3 years old, do these batteries deteriorate and fail to hold
charge even if unused for months?
discharged

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
wrote:
My battery for this device has died. the drill is a KC12XC and the
battery A9252. Does anyone know where I can get a battery for less
than the price of a new drill? I saw a post saying Maplin could get
individual cells, but when I tried them they mailed me details of AA
AAA rechargeables!

Discharged

See if its any cheaper here?
http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/parts/list

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Thanks everyone. Recell were full of very knowledgeable advice.
Multicell quote £2.50 per cell for this pack, so I explored inside the
pack and found I need 7 cells from 10 replacing.

Only replace them in sets.

NEVER buy a B&D KC12XC.

How much did it cost?

This must be one of the lightest used cordless drills in DIY history,
2-3 times a year I go out to sand my car bodywork, thats it.
OK its 3 years old, do these batteries deteriorate and fail to hold
charge even if unused for months?
discharged

How long do you find other rechargeable cells last like say in a
toothbrush? The fact is a cheap cordless tool uses cheap cells with a
short life.

--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Owain wrote:
How long do you find other rechargeable cells last like say in a
toothbrush? The fact is a cheap cordless tool uses cheap cells with a
short life.

Last Braun toothbrush only lasted about 6 years.

Of course Braun is a quality make so would use quality cells. Be
interesting to hear what others get with a market stall special at half
the price.

--
*If I worked as much as others, I would do as little as they *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The drill was only about £25, not worth replacing the cells or the
battery pack (£20)
Just as I read your "don't run the battery down" I was leaving my
electric toothbrush battery running flat!

discharged