Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
John

Default Lawn Mower Help

Anybody know how to remove the carb from a Briggs & Stratton Classic 3.5 HP
engine? Or could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

John

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

John wrote:
Anybody know how to remove the carb from a Briggs & Stratton Classic
3.5 HP engine? Or could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

John

Simple really...Google
*Briggs & Stratton Classic carb removal*

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist

"John" wrote:
Anybody know how to remove the carb from a Briggs & Stratton Classic 3.5
HP engine? Or could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

John

May be something of interest at http://www.repairfaq.org/samnew/lmfaq.htm

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

"John" wrote in message
Anybody know how to remove the carb from a Briggs & Stratton Classic 3.5
HP engine? Or could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

John

You take off the fuel tank and remove the carb from the top of the tank. I
have one here I can look (to remind myself) at if you need to know more
specifics. Usually the only fault is the filters clog up.

mrcheerful

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
John

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
John wrote:
Anybody know how to remove the carb from a Briggs & Stratton Classic
3.5 HP engine? Or could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

John

Simple really...Google
*Briggs & Stratton Classic carb removal*

Simple really, it doesn't bring anything up! I do know how to 'Google' and
look back in Google groups. I couldn't find anything, hence my question to
these groups.

Thanks for the other peoples (helpful) replies by the way.

Cheers

John

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:03:22 +0100, John wrote:

Simple really...Google
*Briggs & Stratton Classic carb removal*

Simple really, it doesn't bring anything up! I do know how to 'Google'

First hit on google if you cut 'n paste the above (sans stars) into the
text box on googles home page gives pretty clear instructions... I think
your google technique needs revising. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:03:22 +0100, John wrote:

Simple really...Google
*Briggs & Stratton Classic carb removal*

Simple really, it doesn't bring anything up! I do know how to 'Google'

First hit on google if you cut 'n paste the above (sans stars) into the
text box on googles home page gives pretty clear instructions... I think
your google technique needs revising. B-)

Strange..I got over ten pages of hits,..
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
JD

mrcheerful . wrote:
"John" wrote in message
Anybody know how to remove the carb from a Briggs & Stratton Classic 3.5
HP engine? Or could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

John

You take off the fuel tank and remove the carb from the top of the tank. I
have one here I can look (to remind myself) at if you need to know more
specifics. Usually the only fault is the filters clog up.

mrcheerful

What that stop the engine from priming ?

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

"JD" wrote in message
mrcheerful . wrote:
"John" wrote in message
Anybody know how to remove the carb from a Briggs & Stratton Classic 3.5
HP engine? Or could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

John

You take off the fuel tank and remove the carb from the top of the tank.
I have one here I can look (to remind myself) at if you need to know more
specifics. Usually the only fault is the filters clog up.

mrcheerful

What that stop the engine from priming ?

my one has a pump which lifts fuel into a reservoir, then the main jet tube
dips into the reservoir. Both tubes have filters, both get rubbish in.

If the machine has been standing then the reservoir may dry out, if the tank
is low, but filling the tank will slop the fuel into the reservoir and away
it will go, the pump then takes over as the fuel level in the tank goes
down.

mrcheerful