John Biddiscombe

Default Trouble fixing handle/closing mechanism on double glazed window

Hi all,

The handle on one of my windows connects internally to a kind of cog, which
when turned, causes a bar running along the side of the window to move up
and down. The bar has two "pins" for the sake of a better word, which lock
into brackets on the window frame. Recently, the "cog" bit broke so the
handle turns and does nothing useful. I've dismantled the mechanisn
(fortunately, it broke in the open position!), but for the life of me don't
know how I'll find a replacement for the cog like bit which is inside a bar
like structure which is in turn held in place by the riveted pins. The
windows were fitted around 10-15 years ago and I've no idea who supplied
them, however I suspect this mechanism is relatively common. (can't find any
makers details on any windows I've examined).

Can anyone point me towards where I might be able to buy some new
ratchet/cog/slidey bits to fit in the window and allow me to close it again.

many thanks

JB