Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default What kind of electrical...

chasers are on the market besides the angle grinder type and the good old
bolster chisle.

Reason being I'm bored as most of me DIY work is done and I have an idea
that If I can come up with a good drawing of it this could go into
production if I have the inclination to carry it forward. :-)

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Go on make me day.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Or "has not" rather. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Wed, 03 May 2006 01:30:39 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

chasers are on the market besides the angle grinder type and the good old
bolster chisle.

Reason being I'm bored as most of me DIY work is done and I have an idea
that If I can come up with a good drawing of it this could go into
production if I have the inclination to carry it forward. :-)

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Go on make me day.

There is a thing that goes on the end of a flexible drive shaft and
has little toothed wheels that go round and carve the channel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

wrote:

chasers are on the market besides the angle grinder type and the
good old bolster chisle.

Reason being I'm bored as most of me DIY work is done and I have an
idea that If I can come up with a good drawing of it this could go
into production if I have the inclination to carry it forward. :-)

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Go on make me day.

There is a thing that goes on the end of a flexible drive shaft and
has little toothed wheels that go round and carve the channel.

So is that air compressor type? any links to this type?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
chasers are on the market besides the angle grinder type and the good
old bolster chisle.

Reason being I'm bored as most of me DIY work is done and I have an
idea that If I can come up with a good drawing of it this could go
into production if I have the inclination to carry it forward. :-)

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Go on make me day.

Forget it. :-(

The device in the URL is something along the lines I was thinking of but
with 2 adjustable width blades a bit like a tobogan sleigh with the 2
blades opposing each other in a forward and backward action.

The one in the pic uses two diamond rotary blades.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...0996&id=81200#

Ha well there goes me bridge. hmmmph!

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
chasers are on the market besides the angle grinder type and the good old
bolster chisle.

Reason being I'm bored as most of me DIY work is done and I have an idea
that If I can come up with a good drawing of it this could go into
production if I have the inclination to carry it forward. :-)

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Go on make me day.

An effective dust control feature would be a major selling point in my
view. After a bit of work on "breeze blocks" there seems to be week up week
of grey dust settling.

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Brian Reay wrote:

An effective dust control feature would be a major selling point in
my view. After a bit of work on "breeze blocks" there seems to be
week up week of grey dust settling.

It would indeed! And vacuum cleaners aren't much help, its such fine dust
it clogs the filters in minutes.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:

An effective dust control feature would be a major selling point in
my view. After a bit of work on "breeze blocks" there seems to be
week up week of grey dust settling.

It would indeed! And vacuum cleaners aren't much help, its such fine dust
it clogs the filters in minutes.

Psy-clones seem to work well for me with concrete dust. (sample of 1)

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Brian Reay
writes

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
chasers are on the market besides the angle grinder type and the good old
bolster chisle.

Reason being I'm bored as most of me DIY work is done and I have an idea
that If I can come up with a good drawing of it this could go into
production if I have the inclination to carry it forward. :-)

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Go on make me day.

An effective dust control feature would be a major selling point in my
view. After a bit of work on "breeze blocks" there seems to be week up week
of grey dust settling.

Are you sure that hasn't fallen out of an imported bag of nuts ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Brian Reay wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
chasers are on the market besides the angle grinder type and the
good old bolster chisle.

Reason being I'm bored as most of me DIY work is done and I have an
idea that If I can come up with a good drawing of it this could go
into production if I have the inclination to carry it forward. :-)

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Go on make me day.

An effective dust control feature would be a major selling point in
my view. After a bit of work on "breeze blocks" there seems to be
week up week of grey dust settling.

Brian

Yes that would be a great bonus and a good selling point in this type of
tool.

The chasers I've shown are the double disc cutting feature which will of
course throw dust everywhere, however I was contemplating on using the
double blade method sort of like two saw blades going forward and backward
in opposing direction to each other, which in my mind will reduce the dust
level threefold.

I'll try and knock up a pic as this seems to be the main point of a chaser
ie "dust".

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chip

On Wed, 03 May 2006 07:44:17 GMT,it is alleged that "The Medway
Handyman" spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Brian Reay wrote:

An effective dust control feature would be a major selling point in
my view. After a bit of work on "breeze blocks" there seems to be
week up week of grey dust settling.

It would indeed! And vacuum cleaners aren't much help, its such fine dust
it clogs the filters in minutes.

Dyson :-) (A second hand one, not paying full retail for them). IIRC
Mr Dyson got the idea for the dual cyclone from a cyclone powered dust
extractor. Anyhow, they work brilliantly with sawdust from a belt
sander which usually clogs bagged ones.

--
"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against whacking them around a bit."
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
Brian Reay wrote:

An effective dust control feature would be a major selling point in
my view. After a bit of work on "breeze blocks" there seems to be
week up week of grey dust settling.

It would indeed! And vacuum cleaners aren't much help, its such fine dust
it clogs the filters in minutes.

That's not a problem for cyclone ones.
A recent Dyson will cope with the output from a plaster chaser
without clogging or letting any dust through. Earlier Dyson's
work too but don't have enough air flow to consume all the dust
from the tool, resulting in spillage around the tool's coweling.
Unfortunately, a Dyson isn't designed to be chucked in with a
tool box. Bagged cleaners are completely useless for this -- if
they catch the dust, they will be blocked in seconds, otherwise
they are chucking the dust out in the exhaust.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The chasers I've shown are the double disc cutting feature which will of
course throw dust everywhere, however I was contemplating on using the
double blade method sort of like two saw blades going forward and backward
in opposing direction to each other, which in my mind will reduce the dust
level threefold.

I'll try and knock up a pic as this seems to be the main point of a chaser
ie "dust".

would greatly reduce cutting speed.

NT