Posted to uk.d-i-y
alspix

Default whatever happened to the path edgings?!

In the past I've used plain grey concrete round top path edgings, picked
them up from B&Q, focus etc always cheap, I seem to remember 99p each for a
900mm long edging being the price a year or so ago.

Now I need some more, and all the sheds I've tried
(homebase,b&q,focus,wickes) no longer seem to do them, instead they do
slightly "fancier" coloured ones (from Bradstone I think) in 600mm lengths,
for about £1.80 - £2 each that always seem to be broken/cracked chipped. As
with the missus, strength and cheapness is more important than beauty for my
application.

I want the old plain ones!! They are far stronger, and cheaper - or at least
they were. I tried jewsons but they wanted 4.35 each.

Anyone know of a supplier (preferably cheaper than Jewsons!) Alternatively,
any other ideas for edging a narrow garden path, primarly to prevent the
slabs/bedding shfting over time

cheers

al

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

alspix wrote:
[...]

B&Q do the square edged ones in plain grey....I almost bought some a few
weeks ago (about 600 X 150 X 50mm)

Have you thought about using bricks? - even concrete commons don't look bad
when stood on their end in a zig-zag effect (45 degrees)

Failing that, get plain grey 3X2 flags and whizz them down to 3 ft by 1ft,
3X2's are approx £4 each, but you'd get two out of each one, and they'd be a
foot deep, wheas the 150mm ones aren't really deep enough.