Junior Member

Question Brick Tinting

Just moved into old house were the extension (circa 1982) has been built using common facing brick, were the house is built using Rustic Brown (circa 1962).
Does anyone know any form of Brick Tinting, either DIY or getting in a professional to look at the job. We are based in the Northwest.

thanks in advance

Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Brick Tinting

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:42:14 +0100, mark harrison
wrote:

|Just moved into old house were the extension (circa 1982) has been built
|using common facing brick, were the house is built using Rustic Brown
|(circa 1962).
|Does anyone know any form of Brick Tinting, either DIY or getting in a
|professional to look at the job. We are based in the Northwest.

Paint it with thinned down Yoghurt (cheap stuff from your local Asian
supermarket), will grow algae and mellow it a bit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"mark harrison" wrote in message

Just moved into old house were the extension (circa 1982) has been built
using common facing brick, were the house is built using Rustic Brown
(circa 1962).
Does anyone know any form of Brick Tinting, either DIY or getting in a
professional to look at the job. We are based in the Northwest.

What colour do you want it?

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns

mark harrison wrote:

Does anyone know any form of Brick Tinting

ISTR on one of the Grand Designs programmes the featured couple built an
extension facing a courtyard shared with some orchestra/opera company,
who got shirty about the fact it had been built in commons and
eventually they were forced to employ a firm who painted the bricks with
various mottled/striped patterns to look "posher", seemed OK from TV
piccies, but in real life?
Junior Member

The house is a Rustic Multi brick in appearance, this is what we would like to achieve.
Tried some treatment from a company called "Dye Brick" in a rustic brown colour, applied several coats but know where near in visual appearance.
Concerned now that we may need to approach the professionals to get the appearance we need.
Any ideas ???

Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
mark harrison wrote:
Any ideas ???

Render the whole bleedin' lot?

eek!

'Mile-a-minute' creeper?

Good idea. It certainly covers everything very quickly.

And bees like it :-)

Mary

Owain

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark harrison
The house is a Rustic Multi brick in appearance, this is what we would like to achieve.
Tried some treatment from a company called "Dye Brick" in a rustic brown colour, applied several coats but know where near in visual appearance.
Concerned now that we may need to approach the professionals to get the appearance we need.
Any ideas ???

Mark

Hello Mark this is James from Dyebrick.

If you email us some photos of your project we can formulate a specific colour for you to apply. We also visit customers who ask us for advice, we do not charge for our site visits and all information is free.

A lot of customers ask us for advice regarding specific colour matches, please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

James Harland
DYEBRICK

http://www.dyebrick.com
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark harrison View Post
Just moved into old house were the extension (circa 1982) has been built using common facing brick, were the house is built using Rustic Brown (circa 1962).
Does anyone know any form of Brick Tinting, either DIY or getting in a professional to look at the job. We are based in the Northwest.

thanks in advance

Mark
hi we are professional Bricktinters and more than capable of acheiving your desired effect, give us a call for a free quote 07548468077.Before 6pm and after 7am,thankyou.