Posted to uk.d-i-y
marvelous

Default Pro shows how to repair roof tiles

Form another group

http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/systec/

You know what happens when you SDS drill a wall from the inside, look
at the parent page
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

Er, I can't see any problems. Looks like standard practice to me. lol

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

Telewest did this to my previous home (and gobbed it up with clear
silicone) while I was out. When I arranged to have cable fitted at my
new place I made a point of being there when the engineer came. I had
took the time to mark out the hole locations inside and out, and asked
him to drill from the external inwards. He said that he could not do
this as there may be cables behind the plaster. I laughed and pointed
out that the wall was recently built and was not plastered yet!

He said, oh in that case, there may be cables inside the cavity. I
looked at him and said, give me your F*@#ing drill and I will drill it
myself. And he made me sign a disclaimer.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

In article . com,
dg wrote:
Telewest did this to my previous home (and gobbed it up with clear
silicone) while I was out. When I arranged to have cable fitted at my
new place I made a point of being there when the engineer came. I had
took the time to mark out the hole locations inside and out, and asked
him to drill from the external inwards. He said that he could not do
this as there may be cables behind the plaster. I laughed and pointed
out that the wall was recently built and was not plastered yet!

He said, oh in that case, there may be cables inside the cavity. I
looked at him and said, give me your F*@#ing drill and I will drill it
myself. And he made me sign a disclaimer.

Was he suggesting that there wouldn't be cables behind the plaster if he
drilled from the inside - out? ;-!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

Surely everyone knows that if there is no plug socket or light switch,
then there are no hidden cables!

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:06:18 GMT, in uk.d-i-y marvelous
wrote:

Form another group

http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/systec/

You know what happens when you SDS drill a wall from the inside, look
at the parent page

To save everyone scrabbling through 37 unidentified photos, I think he
means these

http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(12).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(2).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(3).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(4).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(6).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(7).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(8).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(9).JPG

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

"Phil Addison" wrote in message

http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(2).JPG

Is this the problem of the first fixing which has broken the wall by being
too close to the top
or the, newish, existing fixing which is just as close to the top of the
broken wall and is just as likely to fail?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
dennis@home wrote:

"Phil Addison" wrote in message

http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(2).JPG

Is this the problem of the first fixing which has broken the wall by being
too close to the top
or the, newish, existing fixing which is just as close to the top of the
broken wall and is just as likely to fail?

There's more weight there to hold it together.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article
dennis@home wrote:

"Phil Addison" wrote in message

http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(2).JPG

Is this the problem of the first fixing which has broken the wall by
being
too close to the top
or the, newish, existing fixing which is just as close to the top of the
broken wall and is just as likely to fail?

There's more weight there to hold it together.

You can see the cracks caused by the first failure.
The upper part of the wall is not contributing much to the strength as a
result.
The new fixing is just as weak and just as wrong IMO.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Phil Addison
saying something like:

http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(11).JPG

The *******s just tipped the houses over and left them there?
--

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Phil Addison wrote:

To save everyone scrabbling through 37 unidentified photos, I think he
means these

http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(12).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(2).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(3).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(4).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(6).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(7).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(8).JPG
http://www.glennmillar.plus.com/PoorWork/various%20(9).JPG

I couldn't see where the roof tiles were but I can see where OnStream
get their fitters for British Gas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:39:28 GMT, "dennis@home"
wrote:

Is this the problem of the first fixing which has broken the wall by
being
too close to the top
or the, newish, existing fixing which is just as close to the top of the
broken wall and is just as likely to fail?

There's more weight there to hold it together.

You can see the cracks caused by the first failure.
The upper part of the wall is not contributing much to the strength as a
result.
The new fixing is just as weak and just as wrong IMO.

And do they only have one length of standoff bracket .. 'long' ... ?

Or even a hacksaw and drill to shorten th ... ah, ok, these are
'fitters' not 'engineers' aren't they ..?

T i m

Paint spilt on slate roof tiles Builderchick UK diy 2 November 15th 05 02:06 AM
Flat Roof Identify Material and Repair Method TheScullster UK diy 3 March 19th 04 07:18 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 03:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 03:43 PM
How much to repair roof leak Nehmo Sergheyev UK diy 1 February 12th 04 08:35 PM