Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Revitalising Varnished Floor

Several of my floors have been sanded and varnished (commercially)
using a 2 pack lacquer .They are looking a bit dull now .I thought of
waxing them but I think that will make them a bit slippery .Can anyone
suggest what can be done other than getting them re-varnished ..??

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Stuart wrote:
Several of my floors have been sanded and varnished (commercially)
using a 2 pack lacquer .They are looking a bit dull now .I thought of
waxing them but I think that will make them a bit slippery .Can anyone
suggest what can be done other than getting them re-varnished ..??

Stuart

Try buffing the varnish with a floor wax in a small area and see what it
comes up like? and then do the whole floors with a hired buffer machine if
that works out for ya.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:50:49 +0100, Stuart
wrote:

Several of my floors have been sanded and varnished (commercially)
using a 2 pack lacquer .They are looking a bit dull now .I thought of
waxing them but I think that will make them a bit slippery .Can anyone
suggest what can be done other than getting them re-varnished ..??

Stuart

What's wrong with re-varnishing them, especially if you don't fancy
wax.
I'd first wash the boards with a sugar soap solution, rubbed over with
a well used stainless steel scourer to take any embedded grit off.

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.