Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
Phil Addison

Default FAQ: Want to ask a DIY question? Here's how. (V.16)

X-No-Archive
[Weekly posting - Archived once a month]

This is an introduction to the UK.D-I-Y newsgroup for new and
experienced Do-It-Yourselfers in the United Kingdom. If you want help,
or just want to find out more about a problem before calling in 'the
professionals' you are welcome to 'pick our brains'.

There is a good chance your query, or a very similar one, has already
been discussed and answered by the group, so please have a look at the
Google uk.d-i-y archive, and our companion website for Frequently Asked
Questions (the FAQ) before posting a question here.

The Google uk.d-i-y archive is available for searching at
http://tinyurl.com/65kwq and the UK.D-I-Y FAQ is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

The FAQ website gives background information about a diverse range of
DIY topics, and guidance on formulating questions to post here that will
most easily get the answers you need. For example, you should explain
the background to the problem as well as asking your question.

The FAQ includes detailed information on common DIY problems in areas
such as central heating, plumbing, electrical, decorating, security,
plastering, and tools. It also has a reference section pointing to other
useful sites and companies.

You should be aware that although replies in most cases are perfectly
accurate and sensible, there are occasions when someone posts an
inappropriate answer. In this case one of the regulars is very likely to
post a correction, so it is always a good idea to check back later.

The FAQ makes clear that commercial advertising in the group is NOT
welcome. Unsolicited advertising is considered abuse, and is likely to
be reported as abuse to the advertiser's ISP. However, replies to
specific questions which mention products sold by the person replying
are acceptable. There is more information on commercial participation in
the FAQ.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me
Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
Heliotrope Smith

Default Want to ask a DIY question? Here's how. (V.16)

spam
"Phil Addison" wrote in message
[...]

---

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM