Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham

Default Cladding for garage extension

The garage has been used for storage for more years than I can remember
but is now going to have to be returned to it's original use.

There's going to have to be a large heave-ho but I need to build a
storage extension on one side for my wood, etc; intention is just to do
a timber frame but what weatherproof cladding would be quick and easy
to put up ?

Thanks

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall

Hi Rob

On 21 Mar 2006 01:11:45 -0800, "robgraham"
wrote:

The garage has been used for storage for more years than I can remember
but is now going to have to be returned to it's original use.

There's going to have to be a large heave-ho but I need to build a
storage extension on one side for my wood, etc; intention is just to do
a timber frame but what weatherproof cladding would be quick and easy
to put up ?

Something corrugated ? - Onduline's good, but you have to make sure
it's well-supported - various sorts of plastic-coated metal can look
smart, if a little bit 'industrial-estate-ish'.

We re-did next-door's workshop / garage in Onduline - and (slight
overkill!) laid it on waterproof OSB - very snug now and no danger of
the Onduline sagging - also possible to walk around up there for
maintenance....

HTH
Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply