Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

Default Screwfix - AVOID !

OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking today,
they dont intend shipping till tuesday
When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but didn't
great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying "get your orders
in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Vass wrote:

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

I've spent approximately £12k with them over the past 5 years, spread
out over hundreds of orders. While you do get the occasional problem, on
the whole they are very, very good. They always do their best to rectify
problems.

There are other suppliers, and as I mentioned before I'm tending to use
Toolstation more and more as their range grows, but Screwfix are still
the market leader and provide significantly better service than the vast
majority of suppliers.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

"Grunff" wrote in message
Vass wrote:

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

I've spent approximately £12k with them over the past 5 years, spread out
over hundreds of orders. While you do get the occasional problem, on the
whole they are very, very good. They always do their best to rectify
problems.

There are other suppliers, and as I mentioned before I'm tending to use
Toolstation more and more as their range grows, but Screwfix are still the
market leader and provide significantly better service than the vast
majority of suppliers.

--
Grunff

seconded, another one to look at is 'ITS London' they have an interesting
range of stuff too.

mrcheerful

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:52:23 +0100, "Vass" wrote:

OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking today,
they dont intend shipping till tuesday
When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but didn't
great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying "get your orders
in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

Tuesday ...FFS ...This is only Wednesday . Why such a long delay .Does that
mean any other orders made today or after 6pm tonight wont be shipped until
Tuesday coz the flyer says after 6pm today DELIVERIES will be on Tuesday . They
can also do premium deliveries on Saturday ..says the flyer ...if ordered by 6pm
Thursday .
Can you not call them back and shout at them ..
Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:59:58 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Vass wrote:

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

I've spent approximately £12k with them over the past 5 years, spread
out over hundreds of orders. While you do get the occasional problem, on
the whole they are very, very good. They always do their best to rectify
problems.

There are other suppliers, and as I mentioned before I'm tending to use
Toolstation more and more as their range grows, but Screwfix are still
the market leader and provide significantly better service than the vast
majority of suppliers.

I agree with this. I haven't spent anything like as much as you -
perhaps a total of £1.5k over the past few years, but I have nothing but
praise for screwfix.

They've cocked up slightly on a couple of occasions; for example, I was
sent a pack of Decking Screws instead of some PTFE tape once, but a
single phone call resulted in them saying "Very sorry, our mistake.
The PTFE tape will go out to you today - and you can have the decking
screws with our compliments". Obviously it would have been better for
them to get it right in the first place, but humans are fallible and
it's how they deal with these inevitable little problems that counts.

As online suppliers go, they are one of the better ones IMHO.
--
Chris Cowley

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Vass wrote:
OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking
today, they dont intend shipping till tuesday
When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but
didn't great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying
"get your orders in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

--
Vass

So why did you not tell them to cancel the order on the grounds of this
mishap and go elsewhere?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Grunff wrote:
Vass wrote:

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

I've spent approximately £12k with them over the past 5 years, spread
out over hundreds of orders. While you do get the occasional problem,
on the whole they are very, very good. They always do their best to
rectify problems.

I've done double that with them over the last 5 years and I have to agree.

I've also had over £300, maybe £400 compo, discounts, free delivery
etc and have also learned to order and have on site /everything/ *well*
*before* starting a job. I've watched the business grow from a pamphlet
to a comprehensive catalogue and will continue to do business with them
for as long as I'm mug enough to try and knock a profit out of refurbs.

the jury's out as to whether I'm winning or not :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Vass wrote:
OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking
today, they dont intend shipping till tuesday
When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but
didn't great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying
"get your orders in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

--
Vass

So why did you not tell them to cancel the order on the grounds of this
mishap and go elsewhere?

the order 'was' cancelled
then I find (because curiosity got the better of me) they had not refunded
my credit card !
Which IMHO they should not have debited until they had shipped !
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

news

Vass wrote:

[...]

We agree with it too.

And nobody - not even the OP, never makes mistakes.

Mary
--
Chris Cowley

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
And nobody - not even the OP, never makes mistakes.

what the **** has that got to do with it?

1 order in 6 months and they cock it up !
infuriating to say the least
sums up this bloody country IMO
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Vass wrote:

1 order in 6 months and they cock it up !
infuriating to say the least
sums up this bloody country IMO

I really don't think your powers of reasoning are sufficiently developed
to allow you to analyse the situation correctly.

As you say, you are basing your opinion of Screwfix on _1_ order. That
is meaningless. Several people, including myself, who have experience of
hundreds of orders, have clearly stated that this is not typical of
Screwfix. I order stuff from a large number of companies, and Screwfix
are one of the best for customer service.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

mrcheerful . wrote:

seconded, another one to look at is 'ITS London' they have an
interesting range of stuff too.

Do you have a link? Google obviously thinks that it is "it's London."

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

http://www.google.com/search?q=its+london+tools

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

The message
from "Vass" contains these words:

OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking today,
they dont intend shipping till tuesday
When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but didn't
great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying "get your orders
in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

My experience couldn't have been more different. I placed my order
Wednesday morning, was advised delivery would be Thursday and the order
duly arrived today at 10.45am, complete and without damage.

The morning delivery surprised me somewhat as I had not paid for the
faster service.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:23:40 +0100, Roger wrote:

The message
from "Vass" contains these words:

OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking today,
they dont intend shipping till tuesday
When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but didn't
great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying "get your orders
in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

My experience couldn't have been more different. I placed my order
Wednesday morning, was advised delivery would be Thursday and the order
duly arrived today at 10.45am, complete and without damage.

The morning delivery surprised me somewhat as I had not paid for the
faster service.

Aytime I have ordered it has usually arrived A.M. It's not that it's a faster
service .It just depends on how the couriers run is made up .The £4 or £9 extra
charges are to GUARANTEE delivery before certain times.

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
Vass wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
And nobody - not even the OP, never makes mistakes.

what the **** has that got to do with it?

1 order in 6 months and they cock it up !
infuriating to say the least
sums up this bloody country IMO

Don't let the door slam on the way out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin

in 521134 20060413 112340 Roger wrote:
The message
from "Vass" contains these words:

OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking today,
they dont intend shipping till tuesday
When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but didn't
great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying "get your orders
in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

My experience couldn't have been more different. I placed my order
Wednesday morning, was advised delivery would be Thursday and the order
duly arrived today at 10.45am, complete and without damage.

The morning delivery surprised me somewhat as I had not paid for the
faster service.

--
Roger Chapman

Me too - placed an order at 16:30 and it was on my doorstep at 7:50 the next morning.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick H

....[color=blue Wrote:

sums up this bloody country IMO
--
Vass[/color]

Love it or leave it big boy.

--
Nick H
Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer

In article , Stuart
writes
[...]

Ordered a hot water cylinder on Weds afternoon at 4 o'clock arrived
Thursday morning at 10 am what's wrong with that?.

And it was a LOT cheaper than any local plumbers merchant's or DIY
shed!......
--
Tony Sayer

Problems with Screwfix, Plumbworld and BES.. - is it just me? Simon Hawthorne UK diy 20 November 19th 04 02:17 PM
Screwfix time switches Steven Briggs UK diy 5 November 10th 04 06:35 PM
Screwfix Rick Dipper UK diy 18 January 9th 04 10:57 PM
Ferm Prices and Screwfix. Eric Dockum UK diy 10 October 20th 03 09:33 AM
Screwfix Security drivers Grunff UK diy 7 July 5th 03 01:10 PM