Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default Ideal response 100 heat exchanger

Hi
My response 100 heat exchanger is leaking, losing pressure in the CH
system, any idea how much and where's the best place to obtain a
replacement heat exchanger or would I be better replacing the whole
boiler? if
replacing can anybody recommend a suitable boiler that can be fitted
without modifying the existing pipework?

Regards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Can anybody offer any help/ideas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
My response 100 heat exchanger is leaking, losing pressure in the CH
system, any idea how much and where's the best place to obtain a
replacement heat exchanger or would I be better replacing the whole
boiler? if
replacing can anybody recommend a suitable boiler that can be fitted
without modifying the existing pipework?

Regards.

Are you sure it is the heat exchanger? If so a new boiler is the best way.
Is it in a cupboard? Is there restriction around to put in a bigger cased
model? What are you DHW needs? How old is the combi?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

It looks like it is the heat exchanger leaking, I removed the burner
and it was soaked in water!!
It is in a cupboard but there is some space for a wider unit 580mm
Normal DHW needs 2 bed semi with shower.
the combi is just under 7 years old.

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...

It looks like it is the heat exchanger leaking, I removed the burner
and it was soaked in water!!
It is in a cupboard but there is some space for a wider unit 580mm
Normal DHW needs 2 bed semi with shower.
the combi is just under 7 years old.

These boilers either last or fail early. Get a boiler like Worcester Bosch
Greenstar or Glow Worm high flowrate models - 38-40kW. You will not be
disappointed. Get the dimensions and make sure it can fit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message . com, John
writes
Can anybody offer any help/ideas.

What, in how to post, or what ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Thanks for that Doctor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

raden

"What, in how to post, or what ? "

geoff

Everywhere you go there's always one smart a**e

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .com, John
writes
raden

"What, in how to post, or what ? "

geoff

Everywhere you go there's always one smart a**e

Clue, a post with nothing more than

"Can anybody offer any help/ideas. "

gives no useful information to anyone

I'd rather be a smartarse than a dumbarse any day

maybe you could aspire to the same philosophy

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article . com
John wrote:
Can anybody offer any help/ideas.

If you insist on using Google Groups, learn how to make it send posts
that comply with Usenet standards. How's that for an idea?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message . com, John
writes
geoff

"Can anybody offer any help/ideas. "

Perhaps if you had bothered to read the whole post you may have
cottoned on to the fact that I was referring to the one and only other
post in this topic, other people seemed to be able to manage it ok, but
then again maybe thats asking too much of some individuals!!!

The previous post appeared quite a bit earlier and so a later posting
without any context is meaningless especially when there have been maybe
200-300 posts read in between.

Believe it or not, yours isn't the only thread I read

Go and look up netiquette, you'll find it laid out in any article on the
subject

--
geoff

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
prog. therm. and heat pump questions Abby Normal Home Repair 119 December 22nd 05 12:38 PM
pool pump [email protected] Home Repair 144 December 10th 05 02:01 AM
heat exchanger calculations Ed Sirett UK diy 2 July 19th 03 12:49 AM