Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help! My Ariston Fridge Freezer has died.....

I have an Ariston MBA4033 fridge freezer (16 months old). It died on me
yesterday. I got home and there is no sign of life in it whatsoever. I
changed the fuse and checked the wall socket and all fine so I presume
its something further down the line. Any hints as to how fix to avoid
the extortionate call out charge?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Thanks

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an Ariston MBA4033 fridge freezer (16 months old). It died on me
yesterday. I got home and there is no sign of life in it whatsoever. I
changed the fuse and checked the wall socket and all fine so I presume
its something further down the line. Any hints as to how fix to avoid
the extortionate call out charge?

I bought a TV from Argos. Sound died after 24months (It only had a 12month
Warranty). I phoned their customer services and told them a TV should last
considerably longer than 24months and the onus was on Argos to have it
repaired. Every operator said that since it was outside the warranty period,
I would have to pay. I wrote to their head office quoting the sale of goods
act and that a TV should last considerably longer than 24months. I was then
contacted by Argos 2 weeks later and told to pick a new TV free of charge.

You may want to contact the supplier (shop) of your fridge freezer and go
down the same road. You have nothing to loose.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/fa...legoodsact.htm See Q3

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/gu...sumerguide.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:03:12 -0000, "No Thanks" go@away wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

I bought a 28" WS Sharp TV from Currys and the tube died after two
years .With a bit of persistence on my part and the production of an
estimate showing the tube was dead Currys paid most of the cost of a
new TV after I pointed out that a TV costing £xxx should last longer
then two years .It was done through their CS Head Office.

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Good idea. I'd love to get in touch with the supplier, but it was a
small local dealer that has since disappeared! Maybe the writing was on
the wall.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Thanks

wrote in message
ups.com...
Good idea. I'd love to get in touch with the supplier, but it was a
small local dealer that has since disappeared! Maybe the writing was on
the wall.

No problem. Escalate to the manufacturer