Whirlpool Fridge Freezer Water Fillter query

Old February 18th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Whirlpool Fridge Freezer Water Fillter query

Anybody able to offer advice?

We've got a Whirlpool Fridge Freezer (double door, upright, american style).
The water filter registered as needing replacement on Christmas Eve, didn't
get round to it until this week, got 3 filters from Whirlpool (78) inserted
one, and ran off 14 litres as per manual, got a bit of air through as it
said we should, but the LED disply on the door says the filter needs
replacing. I've had it out and put back in again several times, turned
power supply off for about ten minutes hoping it will reset.
Whirlpool's servive line isn't open this morning, anybody know what the
problem is?

regards

IanC

Old February 18th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

The appliance doesnt
"River Tramp" wrote in message
Anybody able to offer advice?

We've got a Whirlpool Fridge Freezer (double door, upright, american
style). The water filter registered as needing replacement on Christmas
Eve, didn't get round to it until this week, got 3 filters from Whirlpool
(78) inserted one, and ran off 14 litres as per manual, got a bit of air
through as it said we should, but the LED disply on the door says the
filter needs replacing. I've had it out and put back in again several
times, turned power supply off for about ten minutes hoping it will reset.
Whirlpool's servive line isn't open this morning, anybody know what the
problem is?

regards

IanC

The appliance doesn't know you have changed the filter it needs to be reset
on the control panel, refer to your instruction book. The indicator doesn't
sense how restricted the filter is, it is just a usage/time indicator
similar to a car needs a service indicator, this is reset after the
operation is carried out.
Peter

Old February 18th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"powerstation" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't have any reset button as far as I can
see, will contact the service centre

regards

Ian Clarke

Old February 19th 06, 04:52 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , River Tramp
writes

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't have any reset button as far as I can
see, will contact the service centre

On my Whirlpool side-by-side, to reset the filter indicator, you press
the switch that controls the interior light 5 times within 10 seconds.
The filter indicator then changes from red to green.

BTW: the filters (official Whirlpool) are one third of the price from
the US and fit just fine. Pattern filters are even cheaper.

--
(\__/)

Old February 19th 06, 08:56 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike, whilst the light button didn't do it, played around a bit, the answer
is hold the OK button in for about 5 secs, it then resets.

Thanks to all for advice given.

regards

IanC

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message