Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy MCR

Default Hansgrohe mixer tap

I've just bought a new basin mixer tap, and I'm a bit confused by the
tap hoses. There are two 10mm 'pipes' at the end, no thread or nut.
How do I connect these to my 15mm copper pipes? I'm very new to this
plumbing lark, any help appreciated.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Séan Connolly

I've just bought a new basin mixer tap, and I'm a bit confused by the tap
hoses. There are two 10mm 'pipes' at the end, no thread or nut. How do I
connect these to my 15mm copper pipes? I'm very new to this plumbing
lark, any help appreciated.

Witha reducer and a blow torch ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Andy MCR wrote in message
I've just bought a new basin mixer tap, and I'm a bit confused by the
tap hoses. There are two 10mm 'pipes' at the end, no thread or nut.
How do I connect these to my 15mm copper pipes? I'm very new to this
plumbing lark, any help appreciated.

Andy

two of these

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...id=JOVDQ1GUS1G
4WCSTHZOSFFY?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=d14972&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=9&y=3

http://tinyurl.com/bu4n3

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy MCR

Mark wrote:

two of these

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...id=JOVDQ1GUS1G
4WCSTHZOSFFY?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=d14972&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=9&y=3

http://tinyurl.com/bu4n3

Thank you, I'll give them a go.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Andy MCR wrote in message
Mark wrote:

two of these

http://tinyurl.com/bu4n3

Thank you, I'll give them a go.

plumbers merchants or B&Q also stock them, the screwfix link was just to
show you what they looked like.

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:25:50 GMT, "Mark" wrote:

Andy MCR wrote in message
I've just bought a new basin mixer tap, and I'm a bit confused by the
tap hoses. There are two 10mm 'pipes' at the end, no thread or nut.
How do I connect these to my 15mm copper pipes? I'm very new to this
plumbing lark, any help appreciated.

Andy

two of these

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...id=JOVDQ1GUS1G
4WCSTHZOSFFY?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=d14972&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=9&y=3

http://tinyurl.com/bu4n3

-

Or buy a pair of 10mm flexible tails ...to replace the copper

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy MCR

Sorry, I didn't explain this too well at first, I had a look at the
recommendations and I don't think its the right thing. From my mixer
tap I have two stainless tails that end in a stainless steel part, about
3cm long and 10mm in diameter. There is a slight lip 1/3 along it, but
no thread etc. Looks like it should 'plug' into something. I'll try
and photograph them, as my explaination is not too great!

Anyone with experience of these, help appreciated.

Thanks.

Andy

Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
Thermostatic shower mixer and diverter to bath/showerhead Matthew Barnard UK diy 1 June 22nd 05 10:57 AM
bath/shower mixer taps Riz1 UK diy 2 October 27th 04 09:58 PM
Pre-cancelling mixer products (DAC sample selection) Hobbyist Electronics 1 November 22nd 03 07:34 PM
Advice on which shower mixer? Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 6th 03 12:39 PM