Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sponix

Default OT Mad old woman syndrome and bird flu

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:51:04 GMT, dave wrote:

Just heard on the news that bird flu virus is spread by bird faeces (unlike say
Foot n Mouth). The old woman who lives next door to us while apparently mentally
with-it and certainly physically so, insists of putting out vast amount of bird
seed (continuous feeders), 1/2 coconuts, seed-ball (several of those). Thanks to
this over-plentiful supply we actually have FLOCKS of sparrows in our and
neighbouring hedges, and dozens of pigeons who feed on the seed the sparrows
throw out of the feeders. The bird mess in *her* garden is quite disgusting and
we get our 'share' due to this. In the light of the bird flu possibility, is
this now a public health risk. (ie should I go and *try* to explain to her this
much food is not a good idea).

We have had yet another circular from the council asking people NOT to feed
pigeons. She clearly thinks it doesn't apply to her.

Buy a cat. The birds will soon go away.

sponix