Posted to uk.d-i-y
muthaleech

Default Combination Boiler SOS

I have a Vokera Excell 80 SP that has developeda fault. The central heating
stays on regardless of the temprature setting on the thermostat and stays on
even when the bolier is switched to summer \ water only mode.

I tried following the flow diagrams in the manual and this led to replacing
the easiet to replace but unfortunately the most expensive part, the PCB.
However, this has made no difference. Heating still fires up in both modes,
only way to turn it off temporarily (without setting the mode selector to
off) is by turning the central heating temperature setting dial on the
bolier to the minumum setting. Only problem with that is that the hot water
dosent work at the setting as it only seems to come when the heating is
fired up.

Any ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
tarquinlinbin

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:38:28 GMT, "muthaleech"
wrote:

I have a Vokera Excell 80 SP that has developeda fault. The central heating
stays on regardless of the temprature setting on the thermostat and stays on
even when the bolier is switched to summer \ water only mode.

I tried following the flow diagrams in the manual and this led to replacing
the easiet to replace but unfortunately the most expensive part, the PCB.
However, this has made no difference. Heating still fires up in both modes,
only way to turn it off temporarily (without setting the mode selector to
off) is by turning the central heating temperature setting dial on the
bolier to the minumum setting. Only problem with that is that the hot water
dosent work at the setting as it only seems to come when the heating is
fired up.

Any ideas?

Is there a frost stat anywhere by any chance?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
muthaleech

wrote:

Is there a frost stat anywhere by any chance?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes there is (according to the wiring diagram), I think I tried taking it
out of the equation but disconnecting one of the wires that went into the
block that it attaches to but this had no effect. I'll try bridging the
connection instead...