Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Elliott

Default Aqualisa Aquastream Power Shower: new thermostat cartridge

About 7 years ago we got an Aqualisa Aquastream power shower - this is
the one with an integral valve and 12v pump in a box inside the shower
cabinet. Recently it started dripping from the box. Taking off the
front cover, water is leaking from the valve body assembly.

Our local plumbase, and Aqualisa, both claim that this means I need to
replace the thermostatic cartridge, which costs at least £75.

This seems a lot to me - is it possible to dismantle the faulty
thermostatic cartridge and if so is there anything inside which can be
fixed?

--
Simon Elliott http://www.ctsn.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan

Simon Elliott wrote:

This seems a lot to me - is it possible to dismantle the faulty
thermostatic cartridge and if so is there anything inside which can be
fixed?

No.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb

In message .com,
Aidan writes

Simon Elliott wrote:

This seems a lot to me - is it possible to dismantle the faulty
thermostatic cartridge and if so is there anything inside which can be
fixed?

No.

Co-incidentally. Our Aqualisa thermostatic shower valve has developed a
steady drip from the outlet. This is an externally pumped, soft water
system but I take it the same *no user serviceable parts* applies?

Just passed 10 year anniversary so not really unexpected.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Elliott

On 08/02/2006, Tim Lamb wrote:

This seems a lot to me - is it possible to dismantle the faulty
thermostatic cartridge and if so is there anything inside which

can be fixed?

No.

Co-incidentally. Our Aqualisa thermostatic shower valve has developed
a steady drip from the outlet. This is an externally pumped, soft
water system but I take it the same *no user serviceable parts*
applies?

It gets worse: for my particular model the cartridge costs ?98. Looking
at it, it's all put together by rivets and looks impossible to open
without damaging it. So I've ordered a new one. The guy at plumbase was
surprised the pump hadn't gone as well.

There's got to be a better way: a power shower is just a pump and a
thermostatic valve. Why don't they last forever?

--
Simon Elliott http://www.ctsn.co.uk

replacing delta shower cartridge david Home Ownership 3 October 17th 05 08:03 PM
Aqualisa Shower Control Removal Peter Andrews UK diy 2 August 29th 05 08:50 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Power to loft. Spur of 60A shower feed? Will Cooke UK diy 1 August 5th 03 12:15 AM
Leaky AquaLisa shower AlexL UK diy 3 July 9th 03 09:27 AM