Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

Default Airing cupboard Storage ideas?

An airing cupboard. About a square meter, floor to ceiling.

Anyone got any ideas for storing the multitude of items in some sort
of order in it?

eg Shelving. Battens surfaced with pegboard?

Some sort of baskets?

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 01:55:50 GMT, EricP wrote:

|An airing cupboard. About a square meter, floor to ceiling.
|
|Anyone got any ideas for storing the multitude of items in some sort
|of order in it?
|
|eg Shelving. Battens surfaced with pegboard?
|
|Some sort of baskets?
|
|Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Ventilation is *important* for bedlinen etc;
I use battens about 45mm * 15mm.
A few watts of heat would be an advantage, if the cylinder has been
removed.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

EricP wrote:
eg Shelving. Battens surfaced with pegboard?

Tradditional shelving in airing cupboards is slatted shelving made from 12 x
44 PAR timber (or 18 x 44 even better) which allows the air to flow.

Some sort of baskets?

Ikea make some nifty baskets called Gorm
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...roductId=62793
which clip onto shelves and are good value.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 13:00:05 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

EricP wrote:
eg Shelving. Battens surfaced with pegboard?

Tradditional shelving in airing cupboards is slatted shelving made from 12 x
44 PAR timber (or 18 x 44 even better) which allows the air to flow.

Some sort of baskets?

Ikea make some nifty baskets called Gorm
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...roductId=62793
which clip onto shelves and are good value.

And immediately removing the problem of the wasted space at the top of
each cubby hole in a nice way for the small junk that gets lost in
cupboards!

Thanks matey. Off to IKEA now. )

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

EricP wrote:

An airing cupboard. About a square meter, floor to ceiling.

Anyone got any ideas for storing the multitude of items in some sort
of order in it?

eg Shelving. Battens surfaced with pegboard?

Some sort of baskets?

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

I find a section of hanging rail is also handy for sticking things in to
air quickly on hangers.

--
Cheers,

John.