Joel Payne

Default Baxi bahama switches between HW and CH every few seconds

- Baxi Bahama 100
- Fires up fine and stays fired.
- Electrnic relay switch keeps switching routing between CH and HW.
- So I can't run hot water for more than 5 seconds at a time.

My baxi bahama boiler has developed a new and exciting problem. Like
many, I have have the flow switch replaced about 6 months ago, when
the water was cutting in an out all the time and then gave up
completely. Now I have a new problem which I haven't found mentioned
in any groups. When I turn on the ht water the boiler fires up and
stays fired, no problem there. But the water runs hot
-cold-hot-cold-hot etc every 6 or 7 seconds. I can hear an electronic
relay clicking each time it does it. So the boiler is firing but the
hot water is not getting through. About half an hour after running a
bowl of water for washing up (which took some time!) i was upstairs
and happened to lean against a radiator which was warm. So I think
that this little relay is switching me back and forth between central
heating and hot water without me asking, and the thermostat on 0, and
the boiler switched to the hot water only position. Besides which
the Baxi should override CH with HW anyway.

Any ideas!

Last time I had a problem repaired we went through a lot of hassle
ordering new circuit boards etc before it turned out to be the dodgy
flow switch, and then had a bit a fun time trying to convince the
central heating company to not charge for everything they had once
thought of doing.

Joel