Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

Default Worcester Bosch 28HE System Boiler

As the title suggests, I have a WB 28HE system boiler, which there is
nothing wrong with. In fact it's very good.

My question is...is it normal for the cover to just cover the front and
sides on this boiler? My boiler has just that and has the top and bottom
exposed.

As I say, the boiler is very good and the cover doesn't impede it's
performance. Just wondering if this is normal nowadays?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:16:19 +0000, RedOnRed wrote:

As the title suggests, I have a WB 28HE system boiler, which there is
nothing wrong with. In fact it's very good.

My question is...is it normal for the cover to just cover the front and
sides on this boiler? My boiler has just that and has the top and bottom
exposed.

As I say, the boiler is very good and the cover doesn't impede it's
performance. Just wondering if this is normal nowadays?

Having recently installed the non system version, I guess you mean why is
the top bare metal and not painted? That's how it is I doubt this would be
an issue in 1% of installatons.

The plastic trim for the underneath I couldn't make fit properly.

Cheers for that.

On mine the bottom's bare and the top. Just thought it a bit odd really. I'd
expect it to be fully covered to make it more aesthetically pleasing...or
what ever.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"RedOnRed" writes:

Cheers for that.

On mine the bottom's bare and the top. Just thought it a bit odd really. I'd
expect it to be fully covered to make it more aesthetically pleasing...or
what ever.

I was rather disappointed to find there's no bottom on the
Keston system kit, since one of the reasons I bought it
was to hide the pipework coming out of the bottom of
the boiler (which is fitted quite high up).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"Andrew Gabriel" andrew@a17 wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"RedOnRed" writes:

Cheers for that.

On mine the bottom's bare and the top. Just thought it a bit odd really.
I'd
expect it to be fully covered to make it more aesthetically pleasing...or
what ever.

I was rather disappointed to find there's no bottom on the
Keston system kit, since one of the reasons I bought it
was to hide the pipework coming out of the bottom of
the boiler (which is fitted quite high up).

--
Andrew Gabriel

If my boiler was in a conspicuous position i'd be a bit bothered about. Even
so, the fact that it's tucked away in a vented cupboard shouldn't really
mean that there's not better options to cover it.