Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth terminal

The earth terminal inside plastic patresses. Does the eath wire require
connecting to the sockets from this ternminal. It seems redundant to me
serving no purpose at all except just a terminal.

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:43:48 GMT, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The earth terminal inside plastic patresses. Does the eath wire
require connecting to the sockets from this ternminal. It seems
redundant to me serving no purpose at all except just a terminal.

I'd run the earth wires from the cables direct to the sockets and put
a jumper from the socket to the back box. I wouldn't be at all
suprised to find that you *have* to fit this jumper even with a
plastic back box.

Its about as much use as a fridge to an Eskimo. ;-)

A fridge could be very useful to an Eskimo, to stop things freezing.
Might have to reverse the heat pump though. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:43:48 GMT, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The earth terminal inside plastic patresses. Does the eath wire
require connecting to the sockets from this ternminal. It seems
redundant to me serving no purpose at all except just a terminal.

I'd run the earth wires from the cables direct to the sockets and put
a jumper from the socket to the back box. I wouldn't be at all
suprised to find that you *have* to fit this jumper even with a
plastic back box.

Its about as much use as a fridge to an Eskimo. ;-)

A fridge could be very useful to an Eskimo, to stop things freezing.
Might have to reverse the heat pump though. B-)

So your the cause of global warming. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:43:48 GMT, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The earth terminal inside plastic patresses. Does the earth wire
require connecting to the sockets from this ternminal? It seems
redundant to me - serving no purpose at all except just a terminal.

I'd run the earth wires from the cables direct to the sockets and put
a jumper from the sockets to the back box. I wouldn't be at all
suprised to find that you *have* to fit this jumper even with a
plastic back box.

It's about as much use as a fridge is to an Eskimo. ;-)

A fridge could be very useful to an Eskimo, to stop things freezing.
Might have to reverse the heat pump though. B-)

So you're the cause of global warming. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The expression often employed to show uselessness is "about as useful as a
chocolate teapot!"
Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
The earth terminal inside plastic patresses.

Define patress?

Does the eath wire require connecting to the sockets from this
ternminal. It seems redundant to me serving no purpose at all except
just a terminal.

If using a plastic lighting switch with no earth required or terminal
provided it's simply a make off point for the TW&E earth for possible
later use with a metal switch, etc.

Surely this is obvious?

--
*If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.