Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

Default Does a combined 100A isolator and Henley block exist?

I'd like to take advantage of my electricity meter being changed in a couple
of weeks' time to add an isolator between meter and consumer unit - it will
ease replacing my current two old CUs with a single larger split-load new
one later. But there isn't a great deal of space to add an isolator between
the meter location and the Henley block. If I could replace the latter with
an isolator which could accept the two sets of tails for the CUs, thus
getting rid of the Henley block, that would do. But no isolator I can find
on sale seems to be able to accept two sets of tails. Does anyone know of a
product which would do the trick?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson

"rrh" wrote in message
I'd like to take advantage of my electricity meter being changed in a
couple of weeks' time to add an isolator between meter and consumer unit -
it will ease replacing my current two old CUs with a single larger
split-load new one later. But there isn't a great deal of space to add an
isolator between the meter location and the Henley block. If I could
replace the latter with an isolator which could accept the two sets of
tails for the CUs, thus getting rid of the Henley block, that would do.
But no isolator I can find on sale seems to be able to accept two sets of
tails. Does anyone know of a product which would do the trick?

You may be lucky and be able to get the elec co. to fit a meter that has an
isolator fitted into it. I don't think you will get the switch you are
looking for any other way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

"rrh" wrote in message
I'd like to take advantage of my electricity meter being changed in a
couple of weeks' time to add an isolator between meter and consumer unit -
it will ease replacing my current two old CUs with a single larger
split-load new one later. But there isn't a great deal of space to add an
isolator between the meter location and the Henley block. If I could
replace the latter with an isolator which could accept the two sets of
tails for the CUs, thus getting rid of the Henley block, that would do.
But no isolator I can find on sale seems to be able to accept two sets of
tails. Does anyone know of a product which would do the trick?

===================
I used this:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Enc/index.html

with this: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK5500.html

The same or similar combination might suit your purpose if you can do the
changeover in stages.

Cic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh

"Cicero" wrote in message

"rrh" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, that's what I thought I'd use if it weren't for the two-CUs issue.
Thanks anyway.