Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew Buckett

Default Ariston LS 61 Door Hinge

Hiya,

Just opened my dishwasher today and it didn't feel quite right. When I
checked it seemed that part of the hinge had become disconnected from
the door. What seems to of happened is one of the catches that slows
(takes most of the weight) the door then it is open has become
unclipped. I have tried to reconnect this clip but the spring pulling
it back is too tight. I can manage to get the clip to stay fully out
but as soon as I move the door it springs back into the housing.

Here are a couple of images showing the still connected right side:

http://bumph.org/right.jpg

and the disconnected left hand side:

http://bumph.org/left.jpg

The Ariston LS 61 is installed as a fitted unit and so I can't easily
access the underside of the dishwasher to disconnect the springs. Any
idea as to what to do?

Thanks.

Matthew

Posted to uk.d-i-y
sponix

On 22 Jan 2006 11:47:21 -0800, "Matthew Buckett"
wrote:

http://bumph.org/left.jpg

Hi

The arm labelled "A" has come detached from the stud "B"..."A" having
been pulled back into the slot where it lives:

http://www.geocities.com/calmorecleaning/left.jpg

(The arm "A" has a cable/spring affair attached to it which acts as a
counterbalance for the door.)

Perhaps "A" will pop back over the head of "B" with a little bit of
force.

However, you are probably going to have to dismantle the door and
drill out the stud "B", which, I believe is held in with a pop rivet
and replace it with a good old nut 'n' bolt.

If you can put up with the odd 'weight' of the door I don't think any
harm will result from using it as-is.

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew Buckett

sponix wrote:
On 22 Jan 2006 11:47:21 -0800, "Matthew Buckett"
wrote:

http://bumph.org/left.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

The arm labelled "A" has come detached from the stud "B"..."A" having
been pulled back into the slot where it lives:

http://www.geocities.com/calmorecleaning/left.jpg

(The arm "A" has a cable/spring affair attached to it which acts as a
counterbalance for the door.)

Perhaps "A" will pop back over the head of "B" with a little bit of
force.

A has a hook on the end of it so it if I can get them in the right
position it should reconnect, the problem is it takes allot of force to
pull A back out and I can't manage to re-hook it over B. I was
wondering if I would be best to attempt to disconnect the spring so
that I can reattach the hook.

However, you are probably going to have to dismantle the door and
drill out the stud "B", which, I believe is held in with a pop rivet
and replace it with a good old nut 'n' bolt.

If you can put up with the odd 'weight' of the door I don't think any
harm will result from using it as-is.

The only problem is that this with the lever disconnected the left of
the door is too low and the door rubs on the mounting. This is because
the hinge isn't a simple one, but one that is moves in two parts....

Matthew

Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

On 22 Jan 2006 13:18:15 -0800, in uk.d-i-y you wrote:

A has a hook on the end of it so it if I can get them in the right
position it should reconnect, the problem is it takes allot of force to
pull A back out and I can't manage to re-hook it over B. I was
wondering if I would be best to attempt to disconnect the spring so
that I can reattach the hook.

If it's a hook that should make things a little easier.

From memory, there'll be an adjuster somewhere that adjusts the
tension of the spring. It'd be worth slackening the tension as much as
possible and seeing if you can pull the hook out with a pair of pointy
mole grips.

I'm afraid I don't recall exactly where the adjusters are, although I
think they are below the door (On the kick plate) left and right hand
sides just above the front feet..possibly have a square or hexagonal
heads.

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew Buckett

sPoNiX wrote:

On 22 Jan 2006 13:18:15 -0800, in uk.d-i-y you wrote:

A has a hook on the end of it so it if I can get them in the right
position it should reconnect, the problem is it takes allot of force to
pull A back out and I can't manage to re-hook it over B. I was
wondering if I would be best to attempt to disconnect the spring so
that I can reattach the hook.

If it's a hook that should make things a little easier.

From memory, there'll be an adjuster somewhere that adjusts the
tension of the spring. It'd be worth slackening the tension as much as
possible and seeing if you can pull the hook out with a pair of pointy
mole grips.

Thanks, using a pair of mole grips I managed to pull and hold the bar
out and lift the door up to hook onto the catch. Mole grips saved the
day. Dishwasher is back in action for the time being.

Buckett

Ariston Combi-boiler technical question Keith UK diy 13 September 26th 18 04:15 PM
Ariston combi boiler rebecca g UK diy 19 November 30th 05 02:42 PM
Ariston AF200 Dishwasher fault - tech info? PJ UK diy 0 October 12th 05 05:28 PM
Ariston or Vokera boiler? stuart noble UK diy 34 June 19th 04 09:22 PM
Ariston Dishwasher S P O N I X UK diy 1 December 10th 03 02:54 PM