Conrad Edwards

Default Loft insulation

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:43:37 GMT, "Matt G"
wrote:

Hallo

What is modern loft insulation made of? As a child I remember being
warned to be careful in the loft because of all the fibre-glass dust (I
dont think my parents cared much if I fell through the plasterboard
ceiling. It was just the fibreglass they warned me about!), and in my
current house the horrendously insufficient depth of insulation seems to
be made up of mostly shredded paper and belly-button lint. If possible,
I'd really like to avoid using fibre-glass when I come to upgrade.

Byebye

Matt.

For example....
"Rockwool is a stone-based insulation. It is sourced from abundant
lava deposits of volcanic rocks which are melted in a cupola furnace
like a controlled man-made volcano. As the re-melted lava comes out of
the furnace, it is spun, given water repellency treatment and bound
together in a wool-like fleece. Rockwool is a stone wool, which is
inorganic and ideal for thermal insulation, fire protection, acoustic
control and environmental purposes. "

Also:-
B&Q do a range of insulation that comes in a perforated plastic
bag...you can lay the insulation direct in the bag, so not needing to
get fibres everywhere. the perforations allow moisture in and out.

Electrical wire over or under loft insulation??????? Please help! Laurie UK diy 5 August 25th 03 11:31 PM
Loft door hardware Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 25th 03 01:50 AM
Power to loft. Spur of 60A shower feed? Will Cooke UK diy 1 August 5th 03 01:15 AM
Fitting A Loft Ladder Andrew McKay UK diy 4 July 14th 03 07:10 PM